VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to toggle between 1x, 2.2x, 3x, instead of using hotkeys to increase/decrease by 0.1x.

How do I do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There doesn't seem be any x-times speed option in Potplayer, VLC or MPC-BE. Odd since I've seen it in my standalone media players.

Not elegant, but the closest I could come was to go to Preferences and setup a hotkey to 'Keep playback speed changes'. I used the ~ key as a test. Note, once you set a HotKey, you can change it, but never set it back to none.

[Attachment 53355 - Click to enlarge]

When you reach your desired playback speed (say 2.2x), hit the HotKey and it will stay for all playback until you hit it again. The catch is that it only works for one speed setting until you change the speed and hit the HotKey again.

I haven't tried it, but I believe you could use something like AutoHotKey to create a script/macro to create additional HotKey combos for various speeds. Example: ~ for 2.2X, TAB+~ for 3X with the HotKey returning to 1X when you hit it again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Arghh...found that Z will allow you to toggle between the last used speed and normal. This does the same thing as 'Keep playback speed' and even retains the last non-normal speed setting across different videos.

To elaborate on what I think you may be able to do with AutoHotKey. Script X number of C strokes to a key (e.g. to get 2.2X, then X number of C strokes to another key (e.g. ') to get 3X speed. Hitting Z would take you back to normal.
    Quote Quote