VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone,
    I have a problem while recording VHS tape using my EasyCAP on my Windows 10 machine, when i start the tape, the video goes crazy and jumps all over the place (Here the video recorded: https://youtu.be/yZi2wZMlN10 ) and i don't know why that happens
    2 years ago i used the same EasyCap and the image was fine ( https://youtu.be/gtM342IFQ7A )

Can someone help me??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Same VCR ?

I am 'concerned' seeing that Windows Logo bottom right of screen. Even with the disturbance the screen should be clear.

These are Time-Base errors. You require a TBC to correct them. Search the forum for the 00's of posts about appropriate solutions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Your old capture has no aspect ratio flag, the new one has a wrong aspect ratio flag (16/9) this may just give a clue since we have no idea what's your work flow and what software you are using. what ever you are doing you are doing it wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Your old capture has no aspect ratio flag, the new one has a wrong aspect ratio flag (16/9) this may just give a clue since we have no idea what's your work flow and what software you are using. what ever you are doing you are doing it wrong.
    I tried VLC and OBS Studio with different aspect ratios and different settings.
    The settings i used were:

720x576
    25 fps
    PAL
    16:9 Aspect Ratio

Also i noticed that before the VHS starts the VCR OSD is stable but it starts to become unstable when it shows the VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Both those are not for capturing, screen capture is different from video capture, Use Vdub or AmarecTV. Analog SD video should always be 4:3.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Both those are not for capturing, screen capture is different from video capture, Use Vdub or AmarecTV. Analog SD video should always be 4:3.
    Can you link me a guide on how to use VirtualDub with a PAL VCR? Thanks.
    I tried capturing but the image was all distorted
    Quote Quote  
  7. That seems to be a problem with your capture hard drive. Execute a drive check and defragmentation and then then try capture again.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    No it has absolutely nothing to do with the hard drive, haven't you noticed in the screen capture that the logo is stable but the video feed is not, That is because he is using the wrong tool for the job.

Anyway, possibly your easycrap took a dump, time to get a good capture device, open a new thread for hardware suggestions or just browse threads, tons of information.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So if I now read correctly you have somehow got an image via your easycap and screen-captured that. So that is where that logo comes from ?

But vdub aside, an easycap comes with video capture software. If you do a standard video capture with that and still see the disturbance the issue is with the analog to digital conversion. My money is still on time-base issues tho.

And if you want to use vdub to do video captures there are plenty of tutorials out there. Even do a forum search will locate some which might be published at other places but are still valid.

And I concur. It is not possible to do a straight video capture as 16:9 (unless you are doing this in DV with a 16:9 source). VHS PAL sources are always 720*576 but not all codecs include an aspect-ratio flag.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    No it has absolutely nothing to do with the hard drive
    Originally Posted by jackichan2004 View Post
    2 years ago i used the same EasyCap and the image was fine
    Sic
    Quote Quote  
  11. The Tape plays fine with VCR connected to TV? If so, then try with the new Easycap driver for WIndows 10
    https://www.filecroco.com/download-easycap-drivers/
    Quote Quote  
  12. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    No he doesn't need any easycrap software and most importantly he doesn't need an ipod crappy application to capture heavily compressed low resolution videos.
    Quote Quote