VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. I have a bunch of videos and sometimes i want to switch things around and remux entire folders of videos. Mkvtoolnix is awesome but it only does one at a time. Let's say i take the first video from folder AAA and plan out what i want to do with it in the mkvtoolnix GUI. Then I copy the Command Line and i get this for the first episode:

"C:/Program Files/MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" --ui-language en --output ^"C:\Users\me\Videos\AAA\AAA_(episode title)_01 ^(1^).mkv^" --audio-tracks 0 --language 0:eng --language 2:und ^"^(^" ^"C:\Users\me\Videos\AAA\AAA_(episode title)_01.mkv^" ^"^)^" --no-video --no-chapters --language 0:jpn --track-name 0:Stereo --default-track 0:yes --language 1:eng --default-track 1:yes ^"^(^" ^"C:\Users\jslutz1\Videos\BBB\BBB_(episode title)_01.mkv^" ^"^)^" --track-order 0:2,0:0,1:0,1:1

Now i want to apply the same thing for all episodes in folder AAA using also all videos from folder BBB. I want to replace the "AAA_(episode title)_01" and "BBB_(episode title)_01" filenames with a wildcard so that it sequentially does the same instructions for all episodes in the folder when i execute the command in a batch file. I've seen things like for %%a and so on but my computer language skills are weak. So how can i do this in a way i'll understand what's going on? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm no expert myself sadly, but this is an example of my own command line.

For mkvmerge.exe, it would look for any MKV in a folder, process them, then save the new MKV's into the DONE subfolder. No original MKV's are overwritten.
    Code:
    for %%Z in ("*.mkv") do mkvmerge.exe ^
      -o "%%~nZ.mkv" "%%~Z"
    So if you want to not iblude the date and stat tags during the remuxing, it would look like below.
    Code:
    for %%Z in ("*.mkv") do mkvmerge.exe ^
      --no-date ^
      --disable-track-statistics-tags ^
      -o "%%~nZ.mkv" "%%~Z"
    For mkvpropedit.exe, the pattern is like below. But you don't need to save into a subfolder or different path. Modifications could be saved directly.

Say you want to change the language to ENG.
    Code:
    for %%Z in ("*.mkv") do mkvpropedit.exe "%%Z" ^
      --edit track:v1 --set flag-default=1 --set language=eng ^
      --edit track:a1 --set flag-default=1 --set language=eng
    Say you want to also change the language of the second audio track to FRE, the third to SPA in one run.
    Code:
    for %%Z in ("*.mkv") do mkvpropedit.exe "%%Z" ^
      --edit track:v1 --set flag-default=1 --set language=eng ^
      --edit track:a1 --set flag-default=1 --set language=eng ^
      --edit track:a2 --set flag-default=1 --set language=fre ^
      --edit track:a3 --set flag-default=1 --set language=spa
    Just for safety's sake, copy say three MKV's into a folder as your test MKV's. Then run the batch file there.

A hint though. After you are done editing with mkvpropedit.exe, I highly suggest that you remux such modified MKV's though. Yeah, some programs have issues after such modifications, and a simple remux would fix it. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have found MKV BAtch great for this task.
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/MKVBatch
    Hope it helps
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by avinewbie View Post
    I have found MKV BAtch great for this task.
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/MKVBatch
    Hope it helps
    Wow exactly what I need THX!
    Quote Quote