VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The composite capture just blurred it all away while separating the luma and chroma carrier. You can get similar blurring in software with something like:

Code:
    BilinearResize(width/2,height).Spline36Resize(width,height)
    So this code resizes to 1/2 width and then resizes back to full width, with the result being a software extrapolation and blending? I was actually thinking about this.

I also was thinking about resizing the 1440 scan width down to 780, but since no pixels are being extrapolated I assume all the noise detail would remain.

This further confirms I need to stay with the s-video capture (I was wavering). I really believe a pixel-level compare (after SeparateFields) with the pixel above and below would eliminate 90% of the noise. I guess I need to learn C++.
    Last edited by GrouseHiker; 31st May 2020 at 11:57.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by GrouseHiker View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The composite capture just blurred it all away while separating the luma and chroma carrier. You can get similar blurring in software with something like:

Code:
    BilinearResize(width/2,height).Spline36Resize(width,height)
    So this code resizes to 1/2 width and then resizes back to full width, with the result being a software extrapolation and blending?
    Yes. Note I added a second method using Blur().
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    As mentioned numerous times before composite blurs the output since its bandwidth is limited compared to the Y/C source, If you smooth out or soften the noise you are washing out the details you can't have it both ways.

Your capture card may have a frame synchronizer but I don't think it's built in TBC, Frame synch function is to add or remove frames to stay in sych with the source so you don't get audio delay or advance, A TBC in the other hand takes the v blanking signal and time correct it to an internal clock and output a new clean and timed signal. If you are sure your card has a frame synchronizer you can disable frame drop/add in the software or experiment with different combinations to see which one works best.
    Quote Quote