VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I want to record a DV video. I tried DScaler but the scheduled recording mode doesn't work. Also there's no video at all on VirtualDub or WinDV. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TBsq View Post
    Hi, I want to record a DV video. I tried DScaler but the scheduled recording mode doesn't work. Also there's no video at all on VirtualDub or WinDV. Any ideas?
    Are you using some kind of an analog-to-digital or analog-to-DV capture device? If so, which one?

For what it is worth, I don't recall seeing any capture software that could be set up to start and stop recording on a time-based schedule. The only kind of timed-recording software that I have ever found is PVR/DVR software, which is intended to be used with PC TV tuner devices. There were a few capture devices made by Hauppauge that could do timer-based recordings using certain PVR software. These few devices worked because they could impersonate a digital TV tuner after installing a special plug-in. However, none of them could capture in DV. All of them captured in H.264 via an onboard encoding chip and output a TS stream, similar to a digital TV tuner.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. You are right. DVBViewer ist for PC Tuner Devices, g.e. DVBS2-HD and capture the whole SAT Stream without encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm using an analog to digital usb thing. https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00TFNP4BS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I don't need a scheduled start, I just want to start recording manually and define a recording length.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anything?
    did you try looking in the screen capture / screen recording software section ?? - https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/desktop-screen-capture
    Quote Quote  
  6. You could use the windows scheduler to start a batch script. In this script you could start virtualdub from the command line to do the DV recording.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just want to start recording manually and define a recording length.
    AmaRecTV
    Quote Quote