VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Make new DVD discs, check DVD sub-forum and look for DVD authoring.
    Quote Quote  
  2. check dvd subforum???? How do I do that?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    The same way you got here, Forum is organized by topics, just look for DVD authoring topic or chapter or whatever you want to call it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. i burned at slowest speed 4x and still it will not play back in dvd player. It's a Magnavox mbp5210 blu ray player. plays fine on iMac. I believe the player is 10 years old.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    In what format you burned the DVD, I already told you DVD is mpeg-2, If your DVD player is not capable of playing DVD data discs and plays only DVD-Video discs you have to create DVD-Video discs using a DVD authoring tool. Ignoring the facts is not going to make it work.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm sorry, not as tech savvy as you. Can you point me in the right direction to how to create dvd with authoring tool??? Maybe it would be easier to just upgrade my 10 year old dvd player with a new one. Would solve my issue?
    Quote Quote  
  7. weirdly enough the dvd WILL play back on my buddies non blu ray player that is nearly 15 years old!!!....It's an Onkyo dvcp704..Way older than my magnavox blu ray player. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Any theories?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Make a proper authored movie DVD, not a data disc with an mp4 file.
    Quote Quote  
  9. AVS to DVD will not run on my IMAC which is a late 2012. There are older versions however it appears there are 40 to choose from. Rather than going on a wild goose chase, can someone tell me which version will run on my 2012 Imac? Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To Bryan H . . . Most likely you've already figured out how to convert an mp4 to DVD-Video format on your IMAC. For others who have similar problems with playing ClearClick mp4s on a BluRay player, an alternative is to convert your mp4 video to mkv format using a free media converter like Any Video Converter ... ps. Handbrake, VLC and FFMPEG can also do it if you have the time to learn these tools. Some BluRay players, like my 2017 model Panasonic, won't play mp4 files on a DVD-R data disc but it will play mkv files even though both have the same H264 or H265 video data.
    Quote Quote