VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to give an MP4 file an alternate soundtrack that is stored in an MP3 file. I tried to use the command:

ffmpeg -i video_input.mp4 -i music.mp3 -map 0:v -map 1:a -c:v copy -c:a copy video_output-combined.mp4 -y

The command works, but the video output file plays for about 1:20 and then the video freezes. The audio continues to play. My media player is the latest 64-bit VLC under Windows. FFMPEG is the latest Windows build.

Is there something wrong with my command?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is the video input longer than 1:20 and you want to let the audio end then, too? (Then use -shortest)
    Or is the video input longer? Then maybe video input is broken or you found an ffmpeg bug.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Is the video input longer than 1:20 and you want to let the audio end then, too? (Then use -shortest)
    Or is the video input longer? Then maybe video input is broken or you found an ffmpeg bug.
    FFmpeg -h says nothing about a -shortest option. Where can I read documentation about that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Remux it with my clever FFmpeg-GUI
    Select your video as source, select multiplex, select your mp3 as audiofile, multiplex, done
    Quote Quote