VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have this string to encode some video:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i "input.mp4" -vcodec mpeg4 -b:v 2000k -tag:v xvid -c:a mp3 -b:a 96k 2> log.txt "output.avi"
    and i have log.txt file at final encode process.
    but cmd window it's frozen!
    how to have normal string encoding on cmd window AND log txt at the end?
    Quote Quote  
  2. cmd windows isn't frozen, the standarderroroutput goes to the textfile.
    ffmpeg -i "input.mp4" -vcodec mpeg4 -b:v 2000k -tag:v xvid -c:a mp3 -b:a 96k "output.avi" 2> log.txt
    Quote Quote  
  3. ok understand.
    is it not possible to have the usual debug window and then a final txt file?
    or both?

or have an error log file at the end of the encoding? (in case of errors...)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    ok understand.
    is it not possible to have the usual debug window and then a final txt file?
    or both?

or have an error log file at the end of the encoding? (in case of errors...)
    You can use -report

Specify a different -loglevel if you wanted customize more or less information
    Quote Quote  
  5. tanxs for your reply.
    -report it's too much information... i need only information same on cmd win during encoding...

this is because in a previous conversion i've see red lines with errors and in fact my final file had an audio delay compared to the video of a few seconds (very annoying, and in fact i had to cut the video and redo the part where the error started).
    obviously after the conversion i closed the window cmd so i hadn't kept a log file...

about ffmpeg documentation i have read about -loglevel info but final log not change. always too much information... other ways to have a more restricted log file?
    Quote Quote