VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Haven't used this for a while, but it did work ok, Now it just reports ERROR for any .wav file it analysis.
    Anyone else has this happen or know how to fix it ?
    I'd like to check wav files (or CDDA) to detect mp3 source. If I can't get auCDTect working is there something else I could try?
    Thanks for any info.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Works fine here.
    If the name of the audio file contains spaces, you must put the name of the audio file in quotation marks, e.g. "my audio.wav"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried removing spaces from the filename but ERROR still is the result. How do you add quotation marks? Windows won't let you and I. I'm trying .wav files (16bit, 44100, stereo) and also flacs. Both types fail. I have ver.1.6.0 RC1 build 1.6.0.1. auCDtectTaskManager.exe 617KB
    What files should be present? Perhaps I have something missing ?
    I tried downloading another copy, but I'm not sure I found the right thing. That unzips to one file only auCDtect.exe 144KB, and when runs doesn't seem to do anything.
    I'm running Win 10 64 bit.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have tested it with version 0.8.3 http://tausoft.org/wiki/True_Audio_Checker_Downloads
    You can also try the GUI version Tau Analyzer - True Audio Analyzer, same page.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you. When I run the 144KB file auCDtect.exe the security window shows then clicking RUN, sees a brief screen flash - then nothing.
    Is this file supposed to install auCDtectTaskManager.exe. This is what I'm hoping to end up with. Can I get hold of anyone who knows about this program?
    The Tau analyser works (which is great!) but only with CDs? You can't drag files into it ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. You have to run auCDtect.exe in a console window.
    Copy the auCDtect.exe in the folder with your wav files. Then serach for CMD and run it. This opens a console window. Navigate to your folder containing auCDtect.exe.
    To change drives insert his driveletter g.2. D:, to change folder (into this drive) type cd foldername and so on. Once you have reached your folder type auCDtect.exe "yourfile.wav" and press enter.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, now I understand! Thanks ProWo. And yes it works (as does Tau). My problem is thinking auCDTEct contained (or is) auCDtectTaskManager.exe. That is what is giving the errors. It seems to work (shows progress as it analyses the file) but every file results in ERROR. Any thoughts on what might be wrong?
    My folder contains these files
    0407.lng
    0409.lng
    0419.lng
    0004.lng
    7c04.lng
    040e.lng
    auCDtect.exe
    auCDtectTaskManager.exe
    auCDtectTaskManager.ini
    Codecs.ini
    Copying.txt
    flac.exe
    README.txt
    resources.dll
    SOX.EXE.stackdump
    y-soft.cer
    \auCDtect
    \Codecs
    \SOX

Perhaps something is missing or wrong ? Do you have/use the Task manager ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I've tested with aucdtect-lastest.zip. It contains auCDtect.exe and README.txt only
    Quote Quote