VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    New to the forum.
    Just bought a G7 for videoing for youtube and need a 4K capture card for it. Should I go for the camlink as they are pretty expensive. Is there a cheaper alternative that will do the job as well?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kelpbeds View Post
    Hi,
    New to the forum.
    Just bought a G7 for videoing for youtube and need a 4K capture card for it. Should I go for the camlink as they are pretty expensive. Is there a cheaper alternative that will do the job as well?
    Thanks
    If you are asking about the Elgato Cam Link 4K, in the USA it is priced at about $130, which seems quite reasonable for a 4K (2160p30) capture device. Some others, such as the Magewell USB Capture HDMI 4K Plus, have a much higher price.

Of course, the Magewell USB Capture HDMI 4K Plus offers additional features, including the ability to capture 2160p60 input, which may be well worth the ~$460 price for some buyers who need those features.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 29th Apr 2020 at 12:43. Reason: grammar
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm from the UK.
    This is the one I was thinking of getting. Guess if that's a good price then fair enough!
    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7350588

Thanks for the reply
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lumix G7 ? why not Atem mini (pro) or any other streamer ? a capture card is not for live events, but more for recording.

yes, go for the elgato camlink, reasonable price any cheaper option will be crapeasy
    Last edited by Eric-jan; 29th Apr 2020 at 15:15.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote