VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Got an old JBL Pulse Gen.1 bluetooth speaker, that is so old by now, that it sounds like crap, but it has got a cool visualizer like theme where the leds fluctuate according to the sound. I was hoping i could use it on my living room as kind of a special effect gimick, but i dont want sound to come through that. Any ideas.

First off i need my device (iPhone) to output sound at both sources, AVR soundsystem connected via usb cable and bluetooth spekaer. I cant find a way for this to happen so far, cause you need to select your output source.

Then i need the equaliser/visualizer to perform but no sound to come through that speaker. Still cant imagine of a way. If you mute it, no leds get active. You got to at least dial the sound down to the lowest scale setting.

I know I'm asking for much, maybe though some kind of magic can happen though?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Older versions of Bluetooth (other than the newest, what you are referring to is much older) only allow 1 single point-to-point connection between host & device, so you cannot share a connection.
    How about you connect a line out from your AVR to a BT transmitter, while connecting the phone to the AVR. At least the AVR should allow for both line & speaker out.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. You might be on to something friend. That speaker also has a line in thankfully, so i dont even need the bt transmitter just a line in to line out connection would be fine. I'm just not sure if and how i can get my AVR to output to that speaker whilst playing simultaenously playing from that audio source. My AVR is the Harman Kardon 151S, and i'm using the ipod function to play whats playing on my iPhone connected via USB
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    At first that (HK AVR) looked interesting, but am a bit disappointed in the minimal I/O.

However, you could try a Y-connector, or better yet, a little mini line level mono/stereo mixer, on the sub pre-out.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 28th Apr 2020 at 22:41.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by therock003 View Post
    Got an old JBL Pulse Gen.1 bluetooth speaker, that is so old by now, that it sounds like crap, but it has got a cool visualizer like theme where the leds fluctuate according to the sound.
    I love speaker visualizations. I bought Bluetooth speakers for my daughter, years ago, and it was really cool. The whole point was the visualization.

Also, I still have all the parts for a color organ I was going to build back in 1973, but never got around to it ...

How to Get Your Daughter to Dance: Guaranteed
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Then you might be interested in this: http://synesthesia.live/?gclid=CjwKCAjwstfkBRBoEiwADTmnEJvC5R0Jb4W6KbLYgAmRNwvKw3OlEwv...QAvD_BwE#links.

Have been working with some of the creators of this app for the past 2 years, to pretty spectacular effect (certainly not because of me, though).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    At first that (HK AVR) looked interesting, but am a bit disappointed in the minimal I/O.

However, you could try a Y-connector, or better yet, a little mini line level mono/stereo mixer, on the sub pre-out.

Scott
    I know its a low budget product so it hasnt got many options. But if i connect it the i lose the subwoofer which is a huge deal
    Quote Quote  
  8. Open it up an disconnect the speaker(s).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by therock003 View Post
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post

Scott
    I know its a low budget product so it hasnt got many options. But if i connect it the i lose the subwoofer which is a huge deal
    That's why I said the part about the Y connector/mixer.

Before: sub pre-out -> sub's input
    After: sub pre-out -> Y input; Y output 1 -> sub's input: Y output 2 -> bt spkr line in.
    Substitute mixer for Y if you go that better route.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. Sorry for taking this long, i completely forgot about it, but now im thinking of finally doing this setup, so

1)First i get a splitter like this

2)Then i get an rca to 3.5mm to one end, to get sound to my bluetooth

3) And finally an rca to rca mono that gows to the sub

I'll getter generic products for Splitter and rca to mono, but Are there any brands that are better than others for the rca subwoofer cable that will give me best results
    Quote Quote