VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

Threaded View

1. Hi, I am trying to erase these crawling lines. I had fairly good results, I would like to ask if it is possible to improve them.

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource(".....Lines.avi", format="YUV420P8")
    ConvertToYV12()
    input=last
    AssumeTFF()
    TurnLeft()
    even = SelectEven()
    even = MergeChroma(even, even.DeScratch(mindif=255, maxgap=255, minlen=100, maxlen=2048, blurlen=50, keep=100, border=5, maxangle=0)).RemoveDirtMC(150)
    odd = SelectOdd()
    odd = MergeChroma(odd, odd.DeScratch(mindif=255, maxgap=255, minlen=100, maxlen=2048, blurlen=50, keep=100, border=5, maxangle=0)).RemoveDirtMC(150)
    Interleave(even,odd)
    TurnRight()
    StackHorizontal(input, last)
    Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("....Lines.avi", format="YUV420P8")
    input=last
    AssumeTFF()
    even = SelectEven()
    even = MergeChroma(even, even.deVCR(30)).RemoveDirtMC(150)
    odd = SelectOdd()
    odd = MergeChroma(odd, odd.deVCR(30)).RemoveDirtMC(150)
    Interleave(even,odd)
    StackHorizontal(input, last)
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/390085-Chroma-noise-removal-just-on-a-part-of-the-...eo#post2528319
    https://avisynth.org.ru/descratch/descratch.html
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/DeVCR
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. That's an extremely difficult problem to solve. You say that you "had fairly good results," but I see no improvement in any of the videos you posted.

I tackled a somewhat similar problem with floating noise bars on an amateur 1950s Kinescope. Here is the thread I started at doom9.org where I showed my problem clip and then, with a lot of help from StainlessS, was able to fix the problem almost completely (as you can see in the video above):

Bad 1950s Kinescope - Hopeless?

And here is a video showing the results I was able to achieve:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx26T6WOZ_4

Your video has a very similar problem, but it may be difficult to track the noise bars using the same technique I used because they are more subtle than the bars I was tracking.
    Last edited by johnmeyer; 26th Apr 2020 at 15:39. Reason: re-ordered paragraphs
    Quote Quote  
  3. Don't get me wrong johnmeyer, I wrote fairly good not out of arrogance but because while pausing the video I saw a slight improvement. However, to see the flowing movement is a different story. I read your interesting Kinescope post, thank You for posting.
    Last edited by VHS_Hunter; 26th Apr 2020 at 23:27.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by VHS_Hunter View Post
    Don't get me wrong johnmeyer, I wrote fairly good not out of arrogance but because while pausing the video I saw a slight improvement. However, to see the flowing movement is a different story. I read your interesting Kinescope post, thank you for posting.
    I was not trying to be critical of your efforts, but in re-reading what I wrote, it does sound that way. Sorry!

I don't think you will be able to get any improvement with that script because the artifact you are trying to remove is constantly moving and therefore requires a different approach than the one taken in that script.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I was not trying to be critical of your efforts, but in re-reading what I wrote, it does sound that way. Sorry!
    No problem, You have always been very helpful on this forum, misunderstandings can happen.
    I wonder if it is possible to do with Avisynth what you did in Vegas.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by VHS_Hunter View Post
    I was not trying to be critical of your efforts, but in re-reading what I wrote, it does sound that way. Sorry!
    No problem, You have always been very helpful on this forum, misunderstandings can happen.
    I wonder if it is possible to do with Avisynth what you did in Vegas.
    The fix on the video I posted above was done using AVISynth. I only did some feathering in Vegas because it is easier to do that using the interactive tools in an NLE.
    Quote Quote