VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have about 300 videos that I want to:
    • Remove 1 audio track
    • Remove Chapter 1 and 4

If I load one of the videos on MKVtoolnix and I see the command line I get this:

/Applications/MKVToolNix-45.0.0.app/Contents/MacOS/mkvmerge --ui-language en_US --output '/Users/user/Desktop/dbz/DBZ 002.mkv' --audio-tracks 1 --language 0:eng --track-name '0:30th Anniversary BD' --default-track 0:yes --display-dimensions 0:1440x1080 --language 1:jpn --track-name '1:Tokai Broadcast' --default-track 1:yes --language 4:eng --track-name 4:Funimation-Simmons --default-track 4:yes --language 5:eng --track-name 5:Signs '(' '/Users/user/Desktop/dbz/DBZ002 The Mightiest Warrior in All of History is Goku‘s Older Brother!.mkv' ')' --split chapters:2,4 --title 'DBZ 002' --track-order 0:0,0:1,0:4,0:5
    I created a .command file and it works! but I want to do this for all the files and I just can't figure it out, how do I make it go to each video and do that instead of an specific one?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I moved your thread to the mac forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try something like:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    for filename in /Users/user/Desktop/dbz/*.mkv
    do
      /Applications/MKVToolNix-45.0.0.app/Contents/MacOS/mkvmerge -o "/Users/user/Desktop/dbz/output/$(basename "$filename")" --audio-tracks 1 --split chapters:2,4 "$filename"
    done
    Last edited by sneaker; 1st May 2020 at 03:12. Reason: fixed some more errors
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the reply, but I can't get it to work correctly.

It only goes to the last video on the folder, and the name I get is "$filename-001.mkv", "$filename-002.mkv" and so on.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try again, there were some errors.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It works, thanks!!!

Another question, in the output folder I'm getting these filenames:

DBZ002?The?Mightiest?Warrior?in?All?of?History?is? Goku‘s?Older?Brother!-002

Instead of:

DBZ002 The Mightiest Warrior in All of History is Goku‘s Older Brother!

How can I fix that? empty spaces are being replaced with "?"

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Unfortunately, I don't know. I did a last attempt to change the script in my old post. You can try again.

Or maybe afterwards run another script to replace any "?"(non-ASCII?) by " "?
    https://superuser.com/questions/696816/remove-question-mark-from-file-names-osx

(Not sure if the "?" are actual question marks or just a placeholder for other non-printable characters.)
    Quote Quote  
  8. The revised version worked!

Thank you so much.
    Quote Quote