VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I am trying to mux a movie for a Blu-ray, and while the mkv is 23.976 fps (confirmed in mediainfo), tsmuxer is reading it as 23.8095. It won't support that, so I change it to 24000/1001. It starts to run--with the disclaimer that the SPS parameters are not consistent throughout the stream--and then gives me a never-ending string of this error: "H264 warn: Unexpected pic_order_cnt_lsb value 11. FrameNum: 8227 slice type: B_TYPE".

First, why is it misreading the fps? And second, how do I fix this?

Thanks!

Jason
    Last edited by frodawgg; 22nd Apr 2020 at 20:24.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It might be helpful to post here the full MediaInfo report, text view
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok. My computer's off for the night. I'll up it tomorrow. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. ProWo, thanks but I got the same result.

davexnet, I assume this is what you mean?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Your video is marked as variable bitrate, so TSmuxer recalculates the framerate.
    What happens if you just leave it there and re-mux the video with TSmuxer without any changes? What is the framerate of the result?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Same thing...it won't even let me get started, as "non standart [I assume that means standard] value do not supported for PGS streams." I remove the subtitles file and it actually gets started, but then it gives me that never-ending string of errors again and then terminates, so I never actually get a final output. This happens also when I keep the subs but change the fps to 24000/1001.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tsmuxer.PNG
Views:	216
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	52833  

Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by frodawgg View Post
    I am trying to mux a movie for a Blu-ray, and while the mkv is 23.976 fps (confirmed in mediainfo), tsmuxer is reading it as 23.8095. It won't support that, so I change it to 24000/1001. It starts to run--with the disclaimer that the SPS parameters are not consistent throughout the stream--and then gives me a never-ending string of this error: "H264 warn: Unexpected pic_order_cnt_lsb value 11. FrameNum: 8227 slice type: B_TYPE".

Even if you got it working in TSMuxer, if you're doing this for an authored BD disc - it was not encoded with blu-ray compatible settings. Although some players might play it anyways (many players can play out of spec streams), strictly speaking - it's not compatible for BD.

Frame rate mode : Variable
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Original frame rate : 11.905 FPS

vbv_maxrate=50000 / vbv_bufsize=62500
    bluray_compat=0
    keyint=48
    The only way to make it compatible is to re-encode using BD compatible settings

Or if your BD player can play MKV files (usb or maybe disc) , it should have no problems playing it directly
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by frodawgg View Post

Even if you got it working in TSMuxer, if you're doing this for an authored BD disc - it was not encoded with blu-ray compatible settings. Although some players might play it anyways (many players can play out of spec streams), strictly speaking - it's not compatible for BD.

Frame rate mode : Variable
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Original frame rate : 11.905 FPS

vbv_maxrate=50000 / vbv_bufsize=62500
    bluray_compat=0
    keyint=48
    The only way to make it compatible is to re-encode using BD compatible settings

Or if your BD player can play MKV files (usb or maybe disc) , it should have no problems playing it directly
    Hmm...

I'll see if the MKV plays on my player, but it doesn't have the chapters and a few audio streams muxed in, and it won't even let me mux.

I'd rather it be on disc anyway. What program and setting do you recommend I use to do so? I have AVS4YOU video converter and handbrake. Do you recommend I convert it to a compatible MKV, mp4, mp2, etc; what would be most supported by tsmuxer? (I have multiavchd as well, but that won't import a TrueHD file I want to add in.)

Thanks so much in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Remux it with mkvtoolnix to add chapters, audio streams etc...

You can still put it on a data disc as a mkv, if your player supports it

Otherwise you have to re-encode the video using blu-ray compatible settings (slow, lose quality re-encoding) .
    Quote Quote  
  10. It seems that one of the streams is broken. First try to mux your mkv again with MkvToolNix-Gui and then try the newly muxed video again in TSmuxer.
    If that doesn't work either, your video is broken.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    It seems that one of the streams is broken. First try to mux your mkv again with MkvToolNix-Gui and then try the newly muxed video again in TSmuxer.
    If that doesn't work either, your video is broken.
    I did remux it (before you pointed out that a stream is broken) and it still didn't work.

I'm now in the LONG process of reencoding through handbrake (which will probably cause my computer to shut down from overheating a few times &#129315.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Alright, so I reencoded over the past day, it seems to work in tsmuxer (although the muxing is going VERY SLOOOOWLY, so I don't know of any errors yet), BUT handbrake reencoded a 30gb file into 77gb. SEVENTY-SEVEN. Even if it does work fine, I can't fit it on a Blu-ray, which, obviously, someone does not want me to do.

**** this movie.
    Quote Quote  
  13. You have to use blu-ray compatible settings if you want an actual blu-ray authored video disc (not a data disc on blu-ray media) . There are specific limitations for blu-ray, including bitrate

https://sites.google.com/site/x264bluray/home/1080i-p
    Quote Quote