VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have downloaded nnedi3 plugin from the Avisynth wiki but what I want to know is how do I install the .dll file into Avisynth and Virtualdub? Can anyone here give me a step-by-step guide on how to install nnedi into those two programs?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can't install it for virtualdub - it's compiled as an avisynth plugin not a virtualdub plugin . You can use it indirectly in vdub / vdub2 through an avisynth script

For avisynth, extract the appropriate version from the zip file in the folder depending on which cpu architecture , OS, and version of avisynth you are using, put the .dll in the avisynth plugins directory to autoload . The folders are labelled , choose the version that matches your setup
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Soyou just put the .dll file in Avisynth plugin folder? How do you make the script so Virtualdub can recognize it by proxy?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You create a script that opens your media file and applies the nnedi3 filter.
    Save the script and open it with Virtualdub2
    Quote Quote  
  5. Use a plain text editor like Notepad to create the script. Be sure to specify .AVS as the extension (not .TXT).

AviSynth+ adds a context menu that lets you create a script by right clicking in an empty space in a folder (or Desktop) and selecting New -> AviSynth+ Script. That will create an empty script which you can edit with Notepad.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see. Should I replace Avisynth with Avisynth+?

Also can you link to me to thread where it explains how to make your own script?
    Last edited by Guernsey; 23rd Apr 2020 at 04:17.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote