VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 52812 - Click to enlarge]

Good Afternoon

I Am called Jacob and I wanted to see if I could potentially create some custom codecs, or something to help my Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II 26552 capture to VirtualDub2. Because when I found out it captures well without compression, and I check the .AVI file, it only seems to record Audio. And I know too this Hauppauge TV Tuner is in need for some MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 codecs. I even downloaded the PDF to look at the codecs for this capture card. Currently now, I capture my tapes with it through NCH Debut Pro's Screen Recorder and it works amazing and way better than the TOTMC USB 2.0 Capture Card.

If anyone whom else is doing something similar like me, please let me know too if there's potential to create a custom codec for the TV Tuner to take in Both Video and Audio. I love that I bought it too. I finally can capture the entire VHS-C tape with even the blank signal (or "VHS Static" as some dub it) completing it.

Thank You and Looking Forward to Hearing From You All!
    Jacob R.

P.S. - Y'all know any O.G. O.G. Ways of Video-Capturing? Like more Ancient than Hauppauge? From the 80s or 90s? Let me know too if you know any O.G. Ancient Ways. :P Sound so goofy. Pardon me.
    Last edited by ArtAutDudeJR94B; 21st Apr 2020 at 13:36. Reason: Forgot to add another silly question :P Goofy me!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My YouTube channel with little clips: vhs-decode, comparing TBC, etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes and I am Happy that I bought this It captures my videotapes exactly as my camcorders playing them. Even every damaged glitch and detail too! Way better than the TOTMC "EZCrap" USB Capture Card. :P

Thank You Brad Be safe too during this Corona Virus Epidemic. Have a Good Day, Groovie! Shoot! I forgot to say that I only was just naming it from how my PC installs it as. I'm working on being simple.
    Last edited by ArtAutDudeJR94B; 22nd Apr 2020 at 13:32. Reason: I'm a fruitcake :P
    Stay Groovie, Go OG, Art & Hobbies Groove!
    Quote Quote