VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, Sorry if this has been covered. Looking for the easiest way to add audio to MP4 without losing any video quality. I can do it easily in Quicktime 10, but I'm not sure if it's being re-encoded. I also tried Avidemux but I found it slowed down my video. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

2. MyMP4BoxGUI will mux two streams together

Demux the video stream first, in the demux tab, to create an h264 copy, (which will appear in the source folder once demuxed) then mux that file with your audio in the mux tab.

I couldn't live without this bit of software

Search Comp PM
    the easiest way would be to put both the video and audio files into mkvtoolnix and have it create an .mkv
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303

4. Thanks for the replies. Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm using a Mac. I have a windows comp as well but would rather use my mac. Anyone know if Quicktime re-encodes when saving? It seems too easy, just drag and drop the audio.

5. Originally Posted by super8rescue View Post
    MyMP4BoxGUI will mux two streams together

Demux the video stream first, in the demux tab, to create an h264 copy, (which will appear in the source folder once demuxed) then mux that file with your audio in the mux tab.

I couldn't live without this bit of software
    Figured it out with this on my windows computer. Thanks! Surprisingly complex procedure for a seemingly simple task!

6. ffmpegx might be able to do it on your Mac.

7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.