VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I followed the directions from http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172124 to install 32-bit AviSynth (because 32-bit is required for the watermark filter). The batch script says:

Code:
    Installed Avisynth version(s):
    32 bit:
    64 bit: Avisynth (x64) is not installed
    The machine is brand new. When I first ran the batch script, the first line also said:
    Code:
    Avisynth (x86) is not installed
    I test it with a simple AVS script,
    Code:
    Version()
    and the file fails to play in Windows Media Player and also in Media Player Classic.

How can I install 32-bit Avisynth?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    avisynth is NOT a playable file. Do some more reading of how it works.

Tip: a. Create avs script b: load script in a program that supports avisynth scripts such as virtual dub c: encode video d: then use your player to play the resultant file
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by miguelmorin View Post

How can I install 32-bit Avisynth?
    If Groucho's batch script didn't work for you, just try the old-fashioned method:

https://www.videohelp.com/software/Avisynth
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  4. El Heggunte: thanks for the link. I forgot to mention that I want to work with AviSynth+ 3.4 to use FFMS2 (in order to deal with MTS and MP4 files). The homepage http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Main_Page suggests that AviSynth+ exists in 32-bit version. Yet the universal installer lists AviSynth and not AviSynth+, and your link suggests that the 32-bit version is for AviSynth up to version 2.6.

This thread: https://video.stackexchange.com/questions/29137/errors-in-ffmpegsource2-plugin-source-...r-for-avisynth mentions that AviSynth+ 3.4 has a 32-bit version. Last time I tried installing a 32-bit version on a 64-bit computer, I changed the registry keys, and got a blue screen of death. So I'd like to avoid that and be sure of how to install 32-bit AviSynth+.

Does AviSynth+ 3.4 32-bit not exist?

DB83: No, avisynth is not a playable file. I created a file `test.avs`
    containing only `Version()` and this is the one that failed to play.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Like this ?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have both versions installed without any problem .. Universal Avisynth Installer

[Attachment 52825 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 52824 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by sekininsha; 22nd Apr 2020 at 07:29.
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ For the sake of clarity, do confirm that your file 'test1.avs' is actually a movie since MPC-HC, or atleast the version I use, can not render a plain text file. In fact no player can render a text file.

If it is a movie then by naming it '.avs' rather clouds the topic.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    ^^ For the sake of clarity, do confirm that your file 'test1.avs' is actually a movie since MPC-HC, or atleast the version I use, can not render a plain text file. In fact no player can render a text file.

If it is a movie then by naming it '.avs' rather clouds the topic.
    In sekininsha's screenshots, those mpc screenshots indicate test1.avs is just a 1 line script, and technically a plain text file with a renamed extension from .txt to .avs

Code:
    version()
    It identifies the version of avs installed and currently being used. It's just used for debugging
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ But the command does create a 10 sec file when encoded and in my eyes it's plainly misleading to show this as .avs. Unless I miss something and there is a setting in mpc to actually run the script.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    ^^ But the command does create a 10 sec file when encoded and in my eyes it's plainly misleading to show this as .avs. Unless I miss something and there is a setting in mpc to actually run the script.
    That is the script

It creates a "video" 10sec long 384x104, 24fps , RGB24 displaying that avisynth info. If it works, and you see it display like those screenshots, then avisynth is being initialized correctly through that application

It's just frameserving - when you open that .avs in mpc or vdub2 , it "looks" like a video file

The OP knows about this because he mentions version() in the 1st post. sekininsha is indicating there was no problems using the universal installer on his system
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. I created my file in vdub. But I could not see any way to frame-serve in mpc hence my concern (unless, as I previously stated, I am using the wrong version)
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by miguelmorin View Post
    to install 32-bit AviSynth (because 32-bit is required for the watermark filter).
    Which watermark filter ? Maybe there is another version or workaround available ?

Originally Posted by miguelmorin View Post
    I forgot to mention that I want to work with AviSynth+ 3.4 to use FFMS2 (in order to deal with MTS and MP4 files).
    Why 3.4 ? Why not 3.5.x ? FFMS2 works in 3.5.x . And LSMASH is another source filter option

Both x86, x64 versions are in the latest official releases (and they work on multiple platforms now, even OSX, Linux (!) )
    https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/releases
    Quote Quote