VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Nikonitis
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, I am in the process of doing some test clips in Premiere Pro. I have been given a codec to use which is an epr file. Premiere pro doesn't recognise the file. Epr files are apparently created by Photoshop, so I tried to open it in PS but PS doesn't recognise it either. In video tutorials .prfpset files seem to be standard preset codec files. Does anyone know if it is possible to change an .epr file to a .prfpset file (using what program?), whilst keeping the same settings of the codec, so that it can be imported into PP?
    Quote Quote  
  2. .epr is an output settings file. .prfpset is an effects file. Both are metadata. Neither contain video. You don't seem to be using the word codec in any normally recognizable way.

See if this helps:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytgeKS0OReU
    Quote Quote  
  3. Nikonitis
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the link smrpix. I've looked at the video, Thankyou. I'm new to video culture so am adjusting to the terminology, what things are and where to find them in the menus.
    Quote Quote  
  4. There's a lot to know -- and nobody knows everything. Take your time. Personally, I find I learn best with a combination of need to know and curious to find out.

Best of luck.
    Quote Quote