VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,

If I've downloaded a video tutorial (e.g. from You Tube, elsewhere) and the url is not displayed in the video as I play it is there a way or tool I can use to ascertain the url of where that video originated on the net?

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If I understand you correctly the video that is on youtube was 'borrowed' from another website.

The only way I know to determine the origin is if these details are shown in the properties tab from Windows Explorer. Generally, they are not.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Is there a way to find contact info for anyone who's uploaded a video to YouTube?

There's a software tutorial but because YT compressed it the resolution is low and so the characters in the video appear tiny so they're unreadable.

I wanted to see if the video creator might share a high resolution (e.g. 1080p) of that video via a file sharing site.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure. Did you try the 'Community' tab for the uploader.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I use the latest FF browser but clicking on a lot of icons on that YT page I don't see "Community." Can you pls share a graphic of where I'd find that? The video is so tiny (compressed) I wanted to contact the video creator re: sharing that institutional video via a file sharing site in 1080p as it can't bee seen very well on YT compressed. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    I use the latest FF browser but clicking on a lot of icons on that YT page I don't see "Community." Can you pls share a graphic of where I'd find that? The video is so tiny (compressed) I wanted to contact the video creator re: sharing that institutional video via a file sharing site in 1080p as it can't bee seen very well on YT compressed. Thank you.
    see here - https://support.google.com/youtube/community?hl=en
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You seen this when you click on the uploader's name
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	yt_scrn.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	446.3 KB
ID:	52761  

Quote Quote  
  8. And on the "About" page there's usually (but not always) an email address to contact the channel owner.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If comments are enabled, you can leave a comment and often the video owner will reply.
    Quote Quote