VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi folks!

At first happy easter!

I got since yesterday problems with downloading DVR live streams from Youtube!

Earler I could download these with following command later back from the start:

streamlink "link" best --hls-live-edge 99999 -o name.ts

Changed Youtube somethings?

I try with this method from other websites without problems...

Greetings,

gr
    Quote Quote  
  2. sorry, i don't understand your problem... you want use force streamlink?
    download very easy with IDM (choose quality from web player, then download your video, mkv format).
    another very simply is yt-dl:
    Code:
    youtube-dl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFAXsnAYlrg
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded in the past a lot of diifferent dvr live streams not from the start,but from a later point with following command:

streamlink "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB3GMQXUy0k" best --hls-live-edge 99999 -o D:/stream.ts

With this method you could record the last 4 hours of a live stream!

Since two days I couldn't do that...

My question is if Youtube changing somethings that stopped to record from an earlier point and is there a new script available for doing that again...
    Quote Quote  
  4. To record a (Youtube) Livestream from its beginning (or as far back as possible) you need to use:

--hls-live-restart

Example:

Code:
    streamlink --hls-live-restart "youtubeURL" best -o output.ts
    Last edited by codehound; 13th Apr 2020 at 04:38.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

I try these method also with no success!
    Quote Quote  
  6. bah... i understand your intent, but i think you're having too many problems ...
    if your want maximun resolution (720) this video is about 940mb... it doesn't seem much to me...
    after this, you can cut it as you want with many of the free programs out there ....
    Quote Quote