Hi Baldrick / admin last night my phone went berserk and it may have triggered something at videohelp.com,
I've uninstalled some apps and done a malware bytes scan. Please restore my I.P. address so I can use the site
Without having to enable LTE on my phone
I'd be interested in knowing what happened. I had two tabs open in Firefox, videohelp.com
Was not responding, I opened another tab and tried Reddit.com, unusually slow.
After changing the WiFi channel and rebooting the router, I put it aside. This morning my I.P. is banned.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
You would be better off contacting Admin direct 'Contact us' at bottom of screen.
But I suspect that you have inherited a rogue proxy which the server does not like. Not something that Baldrick can fix since if he, even if he can, permit the IP it leaves the whole site at risk. IMO.
Hi DB83, thanks for responding. I did send an email through the web form that's provided when the site tells
you your IP is banned. So I can only access the site through my phone right now
Except for using the Adguard DNS on my phone wifi, I'm not aware of any thing else that's
different in the setup, phone is not rooted.
The behavior on my phone this morning seems normal
I am sure that Baldrick will reply in due course.
A few years ago, I visited a site which I had done many a time before. Only on this occasion I had some issues with another website that required some log-in details and some of its features were excluded to me.
After a lttle 'Google' I was directed to an utility that, if memory serves, cleared my DNS (there was no obvious evidence that my net access was being filtered through a proxy) and everything was then back to normal. Needless to say that that site is now on my 'ignore' list.
Take a look at this.
Pretty sure this is the tool I used to fix my issue. And it is on my HDD so must have used it (date seems appropriate as well)
Access to the site seems to be restored so if Baldrick did something, thanks Baldrick.
I downloaded an app on my phone called Net Analyzer, for HTTP proxy it says N/A. << I assume nothing set system wide
On the desktop I checked the Firefox proxy usage thru the options/general Network tab, nothing set there.
Firefox on the phone doesn't have an interface thru the setttings but you can enter "about:config" and search for network.proxy.http -
nothing set there either.
I'm hoping Baldrick might give some details as to what the log actually showed
I blocked wrong IP range....
DB83 thanks, I'll take a look
Baldrick thanks, no problem. Seems that odd behavior on my phone last night may have been a coincidence