+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by Chauceratemyhamster View Post
    Why not try it and see for yourself, then? It has a 30 day free trial
    No thanks. Why don't you try AviSynth's free upscaler nnedi3_rpow2
    Haha! I don't recall trashing that program before even trying it, so the comparison doesn't work. But, yeah, sure OK.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Chauceratemyhamster View Post
    Haha! I don't recall trashing that program before even trying it, so the comparison doesn't work.
    I didn't trash anything, although lordsmurf did. I just don't need you to come around here promoting commercial programs to me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by Chauceratemyhamster View Post
    Haha! I don't recall trashing that program before even trying it, so the comparison doesn't work.
    I didn't trash anything, although lordsmurf did. I just don't need you to come around here promoting commercial programs to me.
    Suggest using a program for free = promoting a commercial product? Dammit, now I wont get my shill pay cheque from big AI.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Filtered and upscaled in AviSynth, and encoded, all in less than a minute. I tried to get about the same sharpness as the youtube video.
    For references future, what did you use for upscaling? I compared it to my DVD encode at doom9, and it made me feel sad.
    QTGMC helps with the built in aliasing and shimmering. Is that what you used to clean it up a bit?

Originally Posted by World Domination Studios View Post

However, if you'd rather preserve the high-framerate parts in all their glory, convert to 60 with the following:

Code:
    Y=nnedi3(field=-2,nsize=3,nns=4,qual=2,etype=1)

A=yadifmod2(mode=1,edeint=Y).selecteven()
    B=yadifmod2(mode=1,edeint=Y).selectodd()
    C=Tfm(field=0,mode=0,slow=2,mchroma=false,cthresh=2,MI=20,blockx=4,mthresh=2,clip2=A,micmatching=0)
    D=Tfm(field=1,mode=0,slow=2,mchroma=false,cthresh=2,MI=20,blockx=4,mthresh=2,clip2=B,micmatching=0)
    That's incredibly average at best. At least Handbrake wouldn't blur that much.
    TFM/TDecimate in CFR mode, followed by QTGMC in progressive mode for some polish., vs that..... and I was quite generous with the frame I chose.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TFM QTGMC.png
Views:	303
Size:	323.4 KB
ID:	53478  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Katie.png
Views:	177
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	53479  

Last edited by hello_hello; 24th May 2020 at 19:30.
    Quote Quote