VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Alright so for ages I've tried to find an elegant solution to my problem. Here's my current setup:

Audio from my Xbox is outputted through Toslink to the mini Toslink end that plugs straight into the 3.5mm input jack of my old 2009 Macbook. My 2009 Macbook sees this audio and lets me record it or just output it through bluetooth or whatever.

So I take my Xbox audio, pass it into my 2009 Macbook, equalise it, then output it to my bluetooth headset. Nice, simple, and elegant. One cable between my xbox and my Macbook. Easy.

The problem is that the computer is old, it cant handle too much processing. I need a faster Macbook instead. And I have one, the 2012 Macbook pro, it's way faster. But I dont get to use it because all my audio has to come from the 2009 Macbook.

So I need a solution. A cost effective and small real-estate way of getting this mini Toslink audio into my 2012 Macbook pro. Is there a little mini toslink in to USB-A out maybe? I just can't find what I need for less than like $250. I understand that my 2012 Macbook can output digital audio through mini Toslink but it can not receive a mini Toslink input.

Thank you for your time.
    Quote Quote