VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can someone recommend a video editing software?

I mostly want to be able to cut pieces out of videos and possible combine some random clips.

My main concern is getting the output in good quality and not having the software screw up the settings of the final video.

Can anyone recommend a good software for this?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. da vinci resolve or shotcut.
    No software is capable of screwing up the settings 'of the final video' without assistance...
    That would be down to the user not understanding the settings and screwing up the 'final video' or as we like to say, exported video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by super8rescue View Post
    da vinci resolve or shotcut.
    No software is capable of screwing up the settings 'of the final video' without assistance...
    That would be down to the user not understanding the settings and screwing up the 'final video' or as we like to say, exported video.
    No, I made a clip of the mandalorian and I added some clips of Baba Fette from various starwars movies using Adobe premiere.

The final product had the settings so screwed up that you could not even see the guy's head in some of the parts because the aspect ratio or something was messed up from one of the older starwars video.

Settings on the older clips messed up video from the newer clips when it was all rendered in a single video.

There was no obvious way to fix this that I could see.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by miogpsrocks View Post
    I made a clip of the mandalorian and I added some clips of Baba Fette from various starwars movies using Adobe premiere.

The final product had the settings so screwed up that you could not even see the guy's head in some of the parts because the aspect ratio or something was messed up from one of the older starwars video.

Settings on the older clips messed up video from the newer clips when it was all rendered in a single video.

There was no obvious way to fix this that I could see.
    That's user error or laziness, friend.

Adobe Premiere has multiple ways to resize clips, some as easy as a right click.

https://premierepro.net/scale-frame-size-vs-fit-frame-size/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by miogpsrocks View Post
    some clips of Baba Fette from various starwars movies
    Baby Feet?
    Booby Fart?
    Barbie Fat?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote