VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just purcahsed the GoPro7 Hero Black but now having issues getting the 4K 60FPS to show up in Adobe After effects. It just loads up audio with a black playback screen.

Most of the alternatives seem to involve re-encoding the video file from H.265 down to H.264 and in that process you only end up with 30fps?

What is it that others are doing to achieve 4K 60fps in their editing process. I certainly can’t afford $20US a month to join adobe cloud.

I have an older version of Adobe After Effects, but wondering what else I can try?

Is there any way to end up with H.624 but still have over 30fps @ 4K when dealing with 4K 60FPS HEVC??
    Quote Quote  
  2. All Good - I manged to work out how to use Handbrake. Only thing is that after it's done converting the file into H.264, the frame rate goes from 120 fo 99????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thought you just had 60fps footage?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Thought you just had 60fps footage?
    Oh I'm sorry. Did I add something to my own query. Oh my. What to do?

I'm over it. Thanks for the added insight.

Handbrake and Vegas seem to be doing me fine now. perhaps I'll even up the frame rate even more and learn about syncing issues while I am at it.

Leave you guys to it.

Thx for the help
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Davekyn View Post
    All Good - I manged to work out how to use Handbrake. Only thing is that after it's done converting the file into H.264, the frame rate goes from 120 fo 99????
    Handbrake uses variable frame rate by default when re-encoding video to make its output more compact. If you want to maintain the original framerate then you must open the "Video" tab, change the Framerate (FPS) setting to "Same as Source", and tick the "Constant Framerate" radio button (assuming the original frame rate is constant).
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by Davekyn View Post
    All Good - I manged to work out how to use Handbrake. Only thing is that after it's done converting the file into H.264, the frame rate goes from 120 fo 99????
    Handbrake uses variable frame rate by default when re-encoding video to make its output more compact. If you want to maintain the original framerate then you must open the "Video" tab, change the Framerate (FPS) setting to "Same as Source", and tick the "Constant Framerate" radio button (assuming the original frame rate is constant).
    Sounds like good advice. TY
    Quote Quote