VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    It looks like a weird telecined video. The filters TFM and TDecimate still leave frames with combing. Any AviSynth expert to help me to properly deinterlace this video?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Someone really screwed up this video. It's a field-blended conversion from some other frame rate to 29.97. But there are dropped fields (replaced with duplicates) causing little stutters / jumps in motion. And "chroma lag", by which I mean that the luma and chroma are de-synchronized sometimes.

Not to mention that it's one of those music videos that fakes ultra-widescreen in 4:3 SD by just throwing huge black bars on top & bottom.

Field blend at shot change
    [Attachment 52586 - Click to enlarge]

Static field where only the colors have moved, so the edges of the whites in middle of screen bleed with false green & magenta, there's a red ghost of the singer, etc.
    [Attachment 52585 - Click to enlarge]

Maybe try a bob deinterlace + SRestore but you may have to try both 23.976 and 25 as the underlying frame rate.
    Last edited by Brad; 3rd Apr 2020 at 21:41.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    Someone really screwed up this video. It's a field-blended conversion from some other frame rate to 29.97. But there are dropped fields (replaced with duplicates) causing little stutters / jumps in motion. And "chroma lag", by which I mean that the luma and chroma are de-synchronized sometimes.

Not to mention that it's one of those music videos that fakes ultra-widescreen in 4:3 SD by just throwing huge black bars on top & bottom.

Field blend at shot change
    [Attachment 52586 - Click to enlarge]

Static field where only the colors have moved, so the edges of the whites in middle of screen bleed with false green & magenta, there's a red ghost of the singer, etc.
    [Attachment 52585 - Click to enlarge]

Maybe try a bob deinterlace + SRestore but you may have to try both 23.976 and 25 as the underlying frame rate.
    Thanks for reply. Previously, I tried QTGMC but it didn't work too well because of the messy frames. I will try your solution too. By the way, what would you say about TFM + TDecimate + Yadif (to remove the remaining slight combing)?
    Last edited by elektro; 4th Apr 2020 at 09:16.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why don't you try it and post the result to the forum. I tried qtgmc/srestore, perhaps you can compare them
    Code:
    Qtgmc(preset="slow").Srestore(frate=25)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote