VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. It seems like I've tried to look into everything already but I'm not sure the best way of adding subs when authoring blu-ray. My video is 640x480, which will be uncropped to 720x480 in MultiAVCHD (after adding the .sup externally). I've used SubtitleEdit to convert to .SUP files, which seems to create the least problems outputting, but the subtitles come out fairly small and I get an error with longer lines not showing up entirely.

Is it best to increase the font size when converting to SUP and go through each line manually and create a break? That seems pretty tedious and I'd like to know if there's a better way. I don't need anything crazy in terms of formatting, just prefer the outline+shadow and a Helvetica Medium font.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and help.

Solution: If hardcoded subs is an option for you, way less time consuming to just hardcode them while performing all the other tweaks to make your video file compliant. I'm using Xmedia Recode.
    Last edited by Bass_Soul; 3rd May 2020 at 19:59.
    Quote Quote  
  2. try with EasySUP (avs2bdnxml)
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sekininsha View Post
    try with EasySUP (avs2bdnxml)
    I tried EasySUP before but I just learned converting to SRT before importing allows me to actually change the properties within EasySUP to my liking and fix the issue of longer lines not displaying.

The quality of the subs has unfortunately gone down though. I'm assuming it's from exporting to my video resolution of 480 to get the subs to fit properly. Is there a way to fix that? Apologies, reading up on avs2bdnxml has me kind of lost.
    Last edited by Bass_Soul; 4th Apr 2020 at 11:49.
    Quote Quote