VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    A video file I have stutters no matter what player I play it with, and mediainfo says it has a constant framerate of 29.97, while in reality it often dips below that. There are however some parts which run smoothly. Is there any software to fix this, detecting the stutters (which are nearby frames that contain the same information), deleting all but one of them, and interpolating to the previous and next frame to increase smoothness? Or just the deleting frames part, and transforming it into a variable framerate file.

Here's a sample of the video: https://youtu.be/LXU3wu7rJLg
    The beginning is pretty bad, but starting at around 0:13 it starts being smoother (with some hiccups)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Looks like a bad capture. Try using different software the next time you try to capture, and spend some time "tuning" the capture software.

The gaps in that video are way too large (too many frames missing) to be fixed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh this is not my capture, I found it online, it's an old VHS transfer it seems. But thanks. It's a shame that it can't be recovered :/
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by blinkHQ View Post
    Oh this is not my capture, I found it online, it's an old VHS transfer it seems. But thanks. It's a shame that it can't be recovered :/
    It may not be your capture, but whoever did capture it didn't have their equipment set up correctly.
    Last edited by johnmeyer; 31st Mar 2020 at 14:44.
    Quote Quote