VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Few months ago, my HuaweiP10 was getting full, so I decided to download the camera videos and pictures to my Windows PC. These were playing fine in the Mobile Phone. As usual I opened the Windows Explorer, Cut and Paste all the contents in DCIM to a folder in my PC. 5 minutes later 15-20 GBs of data had been transferred. I looked at the files now copied, all the photo files had been copied correctly. But, to my horror every video file was corrupted, it showed that each file is around 20GB, and around 200 files mean just around 3.7TB of video data. Obviously this was a corruption, because the capacity of y hard drive is 500GB. I tried to put them back into Huawei but to no benefit. I tried some of the popular Video Editors to repair them (Handbrake is the only I can recall) nothing worked. I have these videos spreading over 2 years, with memories of my children growing up, I don't want to loose them to a corruption. Please help.

Thanks and best regards,

Ali
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried running CHKDSK on the computer HDD ?
    Or right click the drive in Windows Explorer/properties/tools
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Have you tried running CHKDSK on the computer HDD ?
    Or right click the drive in Windows Explorer/properties/tools
    Yes.. just did both of those, no difference
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In the future use copy and paste.
    Have you recorded anything else since this problem occurred? Give this a try
    https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alimustafakhan View Post
    Hi,

Few months ago, my HuaweiP10 was getting full, so I decided to download the camera videos and pictures to my Windows PC. These were playing fine in the Mobile Phone. As usual I opened the Windows Explorer, Cut and Paste all the contents in DCIM to a folder in my PC. 5 minutes later 15-20 GBs of data had been transferred. I looked at the files now copied, all the photo files had been copied correctly. But, to my horror every video file was corrupted, it showed that each file is around 20GB, and around 200 files mean just around 3.7TB of video data. Obviously this was a corruption, because the capacity of y hard drive is 500GB. I tried to put them back into Huawei but to no benefit. I tried some of the popular Video Editors to repair them (Handbrake is the only I can recall) nothing worked. I have these videos spreading over 2 years, with memories of my children growing up, I don't want to loose them to a corruption. Please help.

Thanks and best regards,

Ali
    with the file copied to your computer, rename the file to .MP4
    and see if that plays the file.

might also try these - https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/video-repair-fix
    Quote Quote