VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40
FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1180
Thread
  1. In the mux grid, in the audio stream row.

[Attachment 82823 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. @ProWo I'm happy to report that the 5.1 audio track is perfectly in sync throughout the whole duration of the film, does 500ms equate to half a second (0.5s), I thought it would be 50ms? I'm surprised the factor correction proved to be ineffective in this particular instance, thanks so much again for all your help
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the new update !!!

After using many encoders i found the best one so far Clever FFmpeg-GUI the best .

After many setting i recommend to leave "-hwaccel auto" because many of us having already Windows 10 or 11 and not many are using windows 7 .

[Attachment 82835 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 82833 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 82834 - Click to enlarge]

Few personal suggestions:

*Clever FFmpeg-GUI does not recognize all movies interlaced so i add "yadif=0:0:0" before scaling in order to deinterlace automatic the interlaced frames with yadif as in my example

-vf fps=24000/1001,yadif=0:0:0,crop=704:560:2:8,scale=1920:1080, format=p010le

* adding for fps=24000/1001 "-look_ahead_depth 80 -g:v 240 -bf:v 8 -refs:v 5" the quality of encoded video changes radically to almost bluray quality using 5 frames to encode , 8 Number of B-frames to use instead of 4 for quality boost and a Maximum GOP size of 240 (10 seconds) for the fps 24000/1001

* adding "-export_side_data film_grain" the encoder keeps the film grain quality of the original

* adding "-fps_mode cfr" give the encoder the constant frame rate instead of variable frame rate, which some of the player can not play the movie

* adding "-movflags +faststart" makes the movie fast to play specially when you remux it in mp4 box

* adding "-map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1" removes the metadata and chapters of the original encoder
    [Attachment 82836 - Click to enlarge]

* adding "-profile:v main10 -tier main -level 40 -preset medium" give the encoder the right quality encoding for hevc_qsv

* using "-global_quality 20" for hevc_qsv and 10 bit picture "format=p010le" i found it right for a good quality over the size and bit rate ( around 2000-2500 K )

This is the modified BT_open.txt when you choose batch instead of encode so you can modify as you wish

This is my best personal use so far :
    ====Video ---> hevc_qsv - Stream ID 0 from ?E:\UTORENT\Boy.Culture.2006.DVDRip.x264.mkv?52539 41?-hide_banner -hwaccel auto -loglevel error -stats -y -fflags +genpts -i "E:\UTORENT\Boy.Culture.2006.DVDRip.x264.mkv" -vf fps=24000/1001,yadif=0:0:0,crop=704:560:2:8,scale=1920:1080, format=p010le -map 0:0 -c:v hevc_qsv -profile:v main10 -tier main -level 40 -preset medium -global_quality 20 -look_ahead_depth 80 -g:v 240 -bf:v 8 -refs:v 5 -aspect 1.7777 -color_range tv -export_side_data film_grain -flags +global_header -fps_mode cfr -movflags +faststart -an -sn -dn -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -metadata:g encoding_tool="clever FFmpeg-GUI" ?C:\Users\Administrator\Videos\Boy.Culture.2006.DV DRip_5.mkv?1 ====

Disregard the aspect ratio i use "-aspect 1.7777" as this is my way of changing the ratio of the movies , even if some ratio like 2.4 or 2.0 will show a little stretched movie ...

Thank you for this great encoding tool !!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by oniiz86 View Post
    @ProWo I'm happy to report that the 5.1 audio track is perfectly in sync throughout the whole duration of the film, does 500ms equate to half a second (0.5s), I thought it would be 50ms? I'm surprised the factor correction proved to be ineffective in this particular instance, thanks so much again for all your help
    The factor correction makes no sense in this case, both videos are the same fps, 25.
    Yes 1000ms are 1 second, so 500ms are a half second.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Marcellos View Post
    After many setting i recommend to leave "-hwaccel auto" because many of us having already Windows 10 or 11 and not many are using windows 7 .
    In the next beta hwaccel auto is reintroduced for h264_qsv, h264_nvenc, hevc_qsv, hevc_nvenc and mpeg2_qsv encoders.

Originally Posted by Marcellos View Post
    *Clever FFmpeg-GUI does not recognize all movies interlaced so i add "yadif=0:0:0" before scaling in order to deinterlace automatic the interlaced frames with yadif as in my example
    -vf fps=24000/1001,yadif=0:0:0,crop=704:560:2:8,scale=1920:1080, format=p010le
    This is not a good idea, using yadif in progressive videos spoils the picture quality.

... Maximum GOP size of 240 (10 seconds) for the fps 24000/1001
    This makes video editing more difficult (fewer keyframes).

* adding "-export_side_data film_grain" the encoder keeps the film grain quality of the original
    Grain is already present in the tune settings of the x264 and hevc encoder.

* adding "-fps_mode cfr" give the encoder the constant frame rate instead of variable frame rate, which some of the player can not play the movie
    clever FFmpeg-GUI always encodes at a constant frame rate.

* adding "-movflags +faststart" makes the movie fast to play specially when you remux it in mp4 box
    Already present in the multiplex grid with mp4 or mov container.

* adding "-profile:v main10 -tier main -level 40 -preset medium" give the encoder the right quality encoding for hevc_qsv
    The optimal tier and level are automatically selected by the encoder itself, changing the profile.

* using "-global_quality 20" for hevc_qsv and 10 bit picture "format=p010le" i found it right for a good quality over the size and bit rate ( around 2000-2500 K )
    You can already set both in the video encoding section.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    In the next beta hwaccel auto is reintroduced for h264_qsv, h264_nvenc, hevc_qsv, hevc_nvenc and mpeg2_qsv encoders.

This is not a good idea, using yadif in progressive videos spoils the picture quality.

... Maximum GOP size of 240 (10 seconds) for the fps 24000/1001
    This makes video editing more difficult (fewer keyframes).

Grain is already present in the tune settings of the x264 and hevc encoder.
    Thanks for advices .. i adjusted and WOW ... big change !!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. @ProWo So if "-hwaccel auto" will be reintroduced, the error I was experiencing with Beta v3.3.0.02 will re-emerge again or can it some how be disabled on my end with the "clever FFmpeg GUI.exe.config" file? I thought you had mentioned that it didn't bring much advantage having "-hwaccel auto" implemented? Is this something I can disable on my end via Nvidia Control Panel, I don't understand why this hardware acceleration auto setting is affecting HEVC files when trying to encode them as AVC.
    Last edited by oniiz86; 16th Oct 2024 at 01:17.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by oniiz86 View Post
    @ProWo So if "-hwaccel auto" will be reintroduced, the error I was experiencing with Beta v3.3.0.02 will re-emerge again or can it some how be disabled on my end with the "clever FFmpeg GUI.exe.config" file? I thought you had mentioned that it didn't bring much advantage having "-hwaccel auto" implemented? Is this something I can disable on my end via Nvidia Control Panel, I don't understand why this hardware acceleration auto setting is affecting HEVC files when trying to encode them as AVC.
    Is reintroduced for h264_qsv, h264_nvenc, hevc_qsv, hevc_nvenc and mpeg2_qsv encoders only.
    In Beta v3.3.0.02 it's active for all encoders.

BTW
    I think, that the error was not related to Windows 7, but to your nVidia graphics.
    Could you test a new encode from a hevc video to avc, but this time with the h264_nvenc encoder instead of the x264 (avc) encoder?
    Report if there are problems with it.
    I don't have a nVidia card to test, so you can test it for me.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Originally Posted by oniiz86 View Post
    @ProWo So if "-hwaccel auto" will be reintroduced, the error I was experiencing with Beta v3.3.0.02 will re-emerge again or can it some how be disabled on my end with the "clever FFmpeg GUI.exe.config" file? I thought you had mentioned that it didn't bring much advantage having "-hwaccel auto" implemented? Is this something I can disable on my end via Nvidia Control Panel, I don't understand why this hardware acceleration auto setting is affecting HEVC files when trying to encode them as AVC.
    Is reintroduced for h264_qsv, h264_nvenc, hevc_qsv, hevc_nvenc and mpeg2_qsv encoders only.
    In Beta v3.3.0.02 it's active for all encoders.

BTW
    I think, that the error was not related to Windows 7, but to your nVidia graphics.
    Could you test a new encode from a hevc video to avc, but this time with the h264_nvenc encoder instead of the x264 (avc) encoder?
    Report if there are problems with it.
    I don't have a nVidia card to test, so you can test it for me.
    Oh okay that's great, I unfortunately deleted the previous Beta v3.3.0.02, would you be able to give me the link, I too would be curious to know.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by oniiz86 View Post
    Oh okay that's great, I unfortunately deleted the previous Beta v3.3.0.02, would you be able to give me the link, I too would be curious to know.
    I no longer have it myself (I am currently working on 3.3.0.04).
    But you can make the detour via the BT_open.txt file.

First select a hevc video, go to video encoding, select the h264_nvenc encoder, make your other settings and then click on To batch.
    Then quit the program and edit the BT_open.txt file.

Add
    Code:
    -hwaccel auto
    in the command line (before the -i).

Make sure that a space is inserted before and after.
    Then save the file and restart clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Execute the batch.
    Quote Quote