VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi all

Clever FFmpeg GUI is a small, but smart GUI for FFmpeg.
    It processes Audio and Video streams separately. These can be muxed after processing.
    It's for Windows Systems, portable, x86, x64, ARM. Requires .NET Framework.

No installation required. Extract and use it.
    (Read the ReadMe.txt)

Automatic stream detection, Video, Audio and Subtitle stream conversion, Video, Audio and Subtitle stream extraction, Audio volume detection,
    Audio length and pitch modification, automatic Video crop detection, Audio and Video Fade In and Fade Out,
    Change aspect ratio (at Stream level too, for h264 , hevc and mpeg2), Change Audio and Subtitles stream language,
    Change profile level without recoding (for h264 and hevc).
    Cut on Keyframes.
    HDR10 recoding while keeping HDR10 metadata (with H.265 codec) and HDR10 to SDR with tonemap and desaturation for all avaiable codecs.
    3D Look-Up Tables (LUTs) support in Video encoding.
    Batch processing.

DVD movie rip implemented (unprotected DVD's only).
    Point to VOB 1 of a Title Set (e.g. VTS_01_1.VOB for Titleset 1), answer Yes to the questions and the entire movie will be ripped and imported.

Video Stream Encoding to: mpeg1, mpeg2, Theora, x264 (avc), x265 (hevc), ffv1, Divx, Xvid, VP8, VP9, DNxHD, DNxHR, AV1, wmv1,wmv2, prores.
    Audio Stream Encoding to: aac, ac3, eac3, dts, flac, mp2, mp3, opus, vorbis, pcm, trueHD.
    Multiplex to: 3gp, asf, avi, flv, m2ts, mov, mpg, mp4, mkv, ogg, ts, vob, mfx, webm, wmv.
    Hardcoding Subtitles: ass, ssa, srt, vobsub, pgs (pgs only if present in the source video, not from external files).
    Chapters: support for 3gp, mkv, mp4, mov, webm.

Enjoy
    ProWo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    February 22 2024 release version 3.2.4.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Added:
    Deletion of eia 608/708 captions from h264, hevc, mpeg2 videostreams.
    Audio spectrogram (request by ingsoc).
    av1 muxing to asf, avi, mov, mp4, wmv.
    Re-admitted HLG handling (keep HLG, HLG to SDR, HLG to HDR10).
    ISO 639 language codes info in multiplex and audio encode grid (request by ingsoc).
    x256 loop filter (request by avinewbie).
    Chunk analysis for compatibility in join section.
    Automatic transfer of cutted chunks from direct cur or batch cut (if more then one) to join grid.
    Cut marks list for multiple cuts from the source file, so all cuts can be made in one go.

Fixed:
    Missing source chapters muxing.
    Bug in subtitle selection for burn in subtitles.
    Bug in audio volume detection.
    eac3 audiostream extraction as eac3 (request by Ennio).
    Bug in HDR10/HLG metadata parsing.
    Bug in source stream audio delay parsing.
    Bug in profile handling with HDR10/HLG.
    Cover art (image) handling in video.
    Bug in multiple batch cuts from same source.

Improved:
    HDR10/HLG videos handling.
    Invalid filenames handling.
    Batch tasks handling.
    FFmpeg errors handling.
    Change/set DAR (depending on codec and container).
    Stream analysis.
    x265-params handling.
    Join function (can now merge videos with different resolutions and frame rates (but with the same codecs).

Changed:
    Scan for errors (now errors only, not messages).
    Help screen loaded automatically with chapters screen.
    Other system colors to RGB.
    mkv as standard container in mux grid.
    Removed av1 mux in mov, admitted mux mpeg1, mpeg2 in mxf.

Download release v3.2.4:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/292773/clever_ffmpeg_gui_324.zip
    MD5 (of clever FFmpeg GUI.exe): 67CB866499BA256E92B3B2686EFA0CF6

Latest beta version v3.2.4.06: (Small bugs are continuously corrected. Will be uploaded frequently)
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/292773/clever_ffmpeg_gui_newest_beta.zip
    MD5 (of clever FFmpeg GUI.exe): 3B8E0BC53F4A250A6AD328A6B369F1DC

It does NOT contain any virus. All reports from virustotal are false positives. Please remember that many antivirus software are way way too sensitive.

Report bugs and problems here in this post.

If you like the program, please rate it (click on this link)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to's
    Convert interlaced 23.976fps to progressive 25fps
    Convert interlaced 25fps to progressive 23.976fps
    Convert progressive 23.976fps to progressive 25fps
    Convert progressive 25fps to progressive 23.976fps

Special features:

With TV Rips with AC3 6ch audio it happens that the first frames have only 2 ch. In the encode audiostream section there is a button for this. If it is selected, the target file will be patched to full 6 ch. This button is only available if the source file is or contains an AC3 6ch file.

Another great thing is that you can convert the soundtrack of a 25 FPS PAL movie to an e.g. 23.976 FPS NTSC soundtrack or vice versa and, if desired, also adjust the audio pitch.

NB.
    In case of startup errors or problems, delete this folder (it will be created again automatically):
    C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\clever_FFmpeg_GUI (where xxx=your user name on windows).
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	3946
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	66807  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	3713
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	66808  

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	3190
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	66809  

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	3355
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	66810  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	3437
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	66811  

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	3082
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	66812  

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	3243
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	66813  

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	3003
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	66814  

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	2954
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	66815  

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	3496
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	66816  

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	3173
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	66817  

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	3011
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	66818  

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	2915
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	66819  

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	2876
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	66820  

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	2913
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	66821  

Last edited by ProWo; 11th Mar 2024 at 12:27. Reason: Update to v3.2.4.
    Quote Quote  
  2. 07 Apr 2020 update to version 2.1.0.
    Major improvements in the Multiplex section (automatic track detection of video, audio and subtitles, program wide).
    Also improved is the AC3 3/2 (5.1) patch (in case first audio frames with 2 channels, stereo).
    Quote Quote  
  3. 11 Apr 2020 update to version 2.2.0.
    Many small improvements.
    Some bugs fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would recommend using www.virustotal.com to test your file.

Your GUI looks fine:
    https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file-analysis/ZWEzZWJiZDk0ZDJkMjE5NjJlZGQ3NGNhYmFjNjA5M...NQ==/detection
    Just one warning.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, Baldrick for checking ...
    Quote Quote  
  6. 14 Apr 2020 update to version 2.2.1.
    (Corrected a little bug in track language change)
    Quote Quote  
  7. 18 Apr 2020 update to version 2.3.0.
    Video stream detection improved. Therefore ffprobe.exe (from static build) is now also necessary. Please copy it into the folder with clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Several small improvements and bug fixes.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The most recent version (2.3.0), Win 10, x64, ffmpeg in main Windows folder: I cannot load any file due to error System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005). No way to check if next program dialog windows have a "back" button to go back to the first window - it was missing in all previous versions.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by noemi7 View Post
    The most recent version (2.3.0), Win 10, x64, ffmpeg in main Windows folder: I cannot load any file due to error System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005). No way to check if next program dialog windows have a "back" button to go back to the first window - it was missing in all previous versions.
    Strange, just tried it, does not happen here with me (Windows 10 x64). Which type of videofile did you load?
    You have to load the file once, then you can change it with the "Change source file" button in the main menu.
    You can return from any section to the main menu with the "Main" button.

Anyone else with the same problem?

By the way:
    Copy clever FFmpeg-gui.exe (x64) into a folder of your choice.
    Copy to the same folder ffmpeg.exe, ffplay.exe, ffprobe.exe (from static built x64).
    ffmpeg should not be in the Windows main folder.
    Last edited by ProWo; 18th Apr 2020 at 12:04.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Thanks ProWo can't wait to try this when I get home, Does this work with BM MediaExpress 10bit AVI lossless output files captured from analog sources?
    Would you be interested in making a GUI for QTGMC de-interlacer? or maybe incorporate it in this same GUI?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Strange, just tried it, does not happen here with me (Windows 10 x64). Which type of videofile did you load?
    Tried with mkv, mp4, and ts. All h264, and caused your prog to crash, while they are error free.

Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    By the way:
    Copy clever FFmpeg-gui.exe (x64) into a folder of your choice.
    Copy to the same folder ffmpeg.exe, ffplay.exe, ffprobe.exe (from static built x64).
    ffmpeg should not be in the Windows main folder.
    LOL, any but not Windows? I use ffmpeg intensively with other programs and I never had a problem.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Do you have .NET Framework 4.6.1. installed?
    Try to run it as administrator.
    Last edited by ProWo; 18th Apr 2020 at 14:43.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Would you be interested in making a GUI for QTGMC de-interlacer? or maybe incorporate it in this same GUI?
    For me yadif works well enough. Yadif is built into my GUI. If you prefer QTGMC, then try StaxRip.
    So far as i know it's the unique GUI with QTGMC de-interlacer.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I did a side by side comparison between Yadif and QTGMC and Yadif didn't look good at all, I was hoping someone would come up with a GUI for different filters as buttons and sliders with real time view instead of a bunch of scripts that you have no idea how they look like until you execute them on the sample and review the resulting file.
    Quote Quote  
  15. @ProWo

until recently it was working (v 2.20) .. but now only the icon is displayed on the taskbar and does nothing.
    my net framework 4.8.03752 ..

[Attachment 52793 - Click to enlarge]
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by sekininsha View Post
    @ProWo
    until recently it was working (v 2.20) .. but now only the icon is displayed on the taskbar and does nothing.
    my net framework 4.8.03752 ..
    Try to delete this folder: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\clever_FFmpeg_GUI.
    user=your user name on windows
    Quote Quote  
  17. 20 Apr 2020 update to version 2.3.5.
    Several small improvements and bug fixes.

Please report malfunctions. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Your application doesn't seem to have the option to change both audio and video parameters, I could only choose either or copy the file unchanged which I have no idea what's the purpose of this last option? You would need to add Process button after having set the parameters for both audio and video and process both at the same time resulting in a new file. If I have to convert the audio, then the video. then do the multiplexing, it is a lot easier to use the script method.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 20th Apr 2020 at 04:45.
    Quote Quote  
  19. This is intended by me. In this way, audio and video streams can be edited separately as desired and then be muxed. Don't think that this is such a big loss of time. You can for example just change the video stream and then mux it with the original untouched audio, or use different fades for video and audio, etc.
    Last edited by ProWo; 20th Apr 2020 at 05:24.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by ProWo
    Try to delete this folder: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\clever_FFmpeg_GUI.
    user=your user name on windows
    problem solved .. thanks
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote  
  21. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    This is intended by me. In this way, audio and video streams can be edited separately as desired and then be muxed. Don't think that this is such a big loss of time. You can for example just change the video stream and then mux it with the original untouched audio, or use different fades for video and audio, etc.
    You can still have the option to use original for either one so only one can be processed, Yah, this is a pain for me, but thanks for the effort, If you ever add a full conversion mode I will consider it again, Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Here is a small test program (Qtgmc-GUI). Try it.
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/292773/Qtgmc-GUI_100.7z
    Quote Quote  
  23. 24 Apr 2020 update to version 2.3.6.
    Many small improvements and bug fixes.
    Quote Quote  
  24. 27 Apr 2020 update to version 2.3.7.
    Corrected a bug in FPS detection.
    Quote Quote  
  25. 02 May 2020 update to version 2.3.8.
    Can now handle video files without duration info.
    Added Aspect Ratio (DAR) change in the multiplex section.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi, thank you very much for the software, I was looking to develop something similar but if already exists, I won't reinvent the wheel

Some random suggestions:
    - Looks like it's not DPI aware, so it's blurring on HiDPI machines. You have to execute SetProcessDPIAware(); as the first thing in the main
    - I think window could be fixed size, because controls won't move or resize with it
    - When selecting a file, if no selection is made and file windows it's closed, it crashes
    - It could be useful to have somewhere the ffmpeg command line that will be used, so everyone can make sure that it's executing it in the expected way (IE I'd expect that cut function uses copy parameter to keep same quality, but how to be sure of it?)

BTW if you would like to share the code I can make the changes by myself and give some help, but I understand if you would like to keep it for copyright reasons.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Gabriele-V View Post
    Some random suggestions:
    - Looks like it's not DPI aware, so it's blurring on HiDPI machines. You have to execute SetProcessDPIAware(); as the first thing in the main
    - I think window could be fixed size, because controls won't move or resize with it
    - When selecting a file, if no selection is made and file windows it's closed, it crashes
    - It could be useful to have somewhere the ffmpeg command line that will be used, so everyone can make sure that it's executing it in the expected way (IE I'd expect that cut function uses copy parameter to keep same quality, but how to be sure of it?)
    Thank you for your comments. As far as DPI is concerned, I can't try that because I don't have a HiDPI monitor.
    In version 2.3.9 the Forms have changed from Font to DPI. If this works, one of you has to try it with a HiDPI monitor. My program is fixed size on intention. The crash without file selection is corrected in v2.3.9. The command line can be displayed in v.2.3.9
    Quote Quote