VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33
FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33
Thread
  1. ^so about that HE-AAC VBR i guess that license is not allowing this ?

about the m4a container, was about the new feature 'remember last used codec'. I tried to encode audio to AAC, and selected m4a container. Then, when i returned to the encoder, and tried to use 'wav', i obtained that warning. The warning itself is correct, but the problem was, all the buttons to return or exit encoder were hidding. Only way i had to fix that was closing the whole program.

About the using of external encoders, the idea is just to have a way to use 'whatever is required' to complete the task. For example, i focus a lot in HE-AAC VBR for obvious reasons of efficiency.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Newest beta (v3.2.5.01), online now.

Added: (Hidden batch function): multiple audio files can be added now (thx to ingsoc for the hint).

Fixed: Buttons bug with pcm in m4a (thx to ingsoc for the hint).

Improved: Cut help.

Changed: Small changes on cut screen, cut code.
    Quote Quote  
  3. @ ingsoc

Originally Posted by ingsoc View Post
    Also i wanted to batch that operation with 2 audio input files, and the batch grid feature showed + mouse icon but it didn't allow me to add more input audio for the operation, only one.
    Also other bug i have seen is when having export container for m4a, and having pcm as format to encode, obviously the program warned about, but the buttons were all hidding and there is no way to proceed from that point, other than to close the program and start again.
    This two problems should be fixed now in the newest beta (3.2.5.01).
    Try it and report here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ^testing just now batch feature for audio encoder with 3 input files. Also by the way changing framerate from them. Result was correct for 3 files. First created file is saying as filename 'Title1_0_0__23.976_L&P', but second and third file are not showing the framerate change on their filename. 'Title2' and 'Title3'. I think that you want to rename all created files... ?
    But yes, the most impresive feature is working like charm
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!

Exist anyway to add a new option to set "constant bitrate" in video encoding for x265/x264 ?

Set CFR can be a difficult to determinate the size of the output file
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by javieracdc View Post
    Hi!
    Exist anyway to add a new option to set "constant bitrate" in video encoding for x265/x264 ?
    Set CFR can be a difficult to determinate the size of the output file
    I don't want to compromise on quality and therefore rely on CRF. Unfortunately, a constant bitrate delivers poorer quality, so I'm not going to change that.
    clever FFmpeg-GUI shows you the average bitrate.
    Encode 2-3 minutes and you have approximately the average for the whole movie.
    If the bitrate is too high, increase the CRF value, otherwise vice versa.

[Attachment 78354 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank you for making this useful app. Requesting features: open file with Clever FFmpeg Gui with right click; accept vtt subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Newest beta (v3.2.5.02), online now.

Added: Warning with pcm_bluray encoding with 8ch (not working).

Fixed: Bug in pcm encoding to wav (file >4GB), bug in trueHD encoding (thx to Hellboy. for both hints, thx to tebasuna51 for the pcm switch).
    Last edited by ProWo; 14th Apr 2024 at 11:35.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
    Thank you for making this useful app. Requesting features: open file with Clever FFmpeg Gui with right click; accept vtt subtitles.
    That would mean a lot of work and brings no real advantage.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Newest beta (v3.2.5.03), online now.
    Added: Sample muxing (request by kssxs).
    Fixed: Bug in audiofilter with flac encoding.
    Removed: -rf64 auto filter with pcm encoding, not working as aspected.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi ProWo,
    I notice a possible wrong fps detection with m2ts/VC1 coded Video with the 3.2.5.03 beta.
    It shows 47,952 fps even though it is 23,976 fps (with tsMuxeR/Media Info/MPC-HC/VLC).
    m2ts/H264 coded Video is shown correct. Older 3.x Versions have not this problem.

Thanks for your "Swiss Army Knife".
    greetings from Amiga
    Quote Quote  
  12. @Amiga
    Could you upload a small chunk of this file here, for analysis?

EDIT:
    I have analyzed the samples and confirm the bug.
    It will be fixed in the next beta.
    Last edited by ProWo; 18th Apr 2024 at 11:03.
    Quote Quote  
  13. ProWo a possible interesting feature to add to the audio encoder would be the one that allow us to insert X seconds of silent audio to the beginning. And i wonder if FFmpeg has something to blank x seconds of audio at the beginning or at certain time position...

I think both features would be interesting specially when we need to cut parts where the classid fade out still has sound and the keyframe was before...

And for sure a featue request that for sure you had in mind since the batch feature: multi-threating.
    Last edited by ingsoc; 18th Apr 2024 at 12:17.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by ingsoc View Post
    ProWo a possible interesting feature to add to the audio encoder would be the one that allow us to insert X seconds of silent audio to the beginning. And i wonder if FFmpeg has something to blank x seconds of audio at the beginning or at certain time position...
    This feature would only help very few people, as in 99.9% of cases the audio track is the same length as the video track.
    Track shifts are possible with the delay function, as is muting at the beginning and end with the fade function.

And for sure a featue request that for sure you had in mind since the batch feature: multi-threating.
    If you are using the latest (2024) ffmpeg releases, multithreading is already integrated and will be applied automatically.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Newest beta (v3.2.5.04), online now.
    Fixed: Bug with using raw vc1 streams, bug with framerate recognition of vc1 in m2ts (thx to Amiga for the hint).
    Improved: Video indexing for cut, keyframe cut precision.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hello ProWo,

Since I am a simple user, there are always things that I possibly misunderstood.

e.g. in previous versions, after a volume scan, the determined values were displayed. Currently, I am immediately taken to the other settings.
    So I no longer see the scan result. It is also not used by the program.

e.g. the "Spectogram" option scans the audio stream. I would now expect a graphic or a file so that I can view the spectogram.
    I am missing both. No graphic on the screen, no file anywhere on the hard disk. Errors do not occur in any case.

I would be pleased if you could explain this to me. Error or misunderstanding?

Thank you very much
    Amiga

PS: Used 32 bit FFmpeg version 6.1.1 from February 2024 (from GitHub)
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    ProWo a possible interesting feature to add to the audio encoder would be the one that allow us to insert X seconds of silent audio to the beginning. And i wonder if FFmpeg has something to blank x seconds of audio at the beginning or at certain time position...
    This feature would only help very few people, as in 99.9% of cases the audio track is the same length as the video track.
    Track shifts are possible with the delay function, as is muting at the beginning and end with the fade function.

If you are using the latest (2024) ffmpeg releases, multithreading is already integrated and will be applied automatically.

About multi-threating, the batch feature work only in one list entry at time. So, what you meant exactly ?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Amiga View Post
    e.g. in previous versions, after a volume scan, the determined values were displayed. Currently, I am immediately taken to the other settings.
    So I no longer see the scan result. It is also not used by the program.
    That is not correct. After the volume analysis, the audio encoding window is opened directly and the value determined is displayed in db and also used if it is greater than 0. You can also change this value clicking on audio filter.

[Attachment 78500 - Click to enlarge]

Originally Posted by Amiga View Post
    e.g. the "Spectogram" option scans the audio stream. I would now expect a graphic or a file so that I can view the spectogram.
    I am missing both. No graphic on the screen, no file anywhere on the hard disk.
    After the analysis, a png file with the name of the video/audio file is created in the destination folder and automatically opened with the viewer that is linked to png.
    If this image is not opened automatically, you are missing the link from png to an image viewer.
    Right-click on a png file, open with, select another app, select your image viewer, click always.

[Attachment 78501 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by ingsoc View Post
    About multi-threating, the batch feature work only in one list entry at time. So, what you meant exactly ?
    You have to pay attention to the used threads of ffmpeg.exe, not those of clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    You have to pay attention to the used threads of ffmpeg.exe, not those of clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    maybe i didn't explain it well. See this picture, it is the worker from megui processing 3 jobs at same time.

The implementation of this feature will make the batch feature in clever FFmpeg-gui so powerful and well, we have cpu cores and their threads to take advantage of time, precissely what your tool is doing possible with such amazing features.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by ingsoc View Post
    maybe i didn't explain it well. See this picture, it is the worker from megui processing 3 jobs at same time.
    The implementation of this feature will make the batch feature in clever FFmpeg-gui so powerful and well, we have cpu cores and their threads to take advantage of time, precissely what your tool is doing possible with such amazing features.
    This has no advantage.
    If the first job uses 100% cpu, then e.g. 3 simultaneous jobs use 3x33% cpu.
    The total time requirement remains the same.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Dear ProWo,

Thank you very much for your clear explanations. The volume detection does indeed work, unless the value is 0.0 db.

I find the current detection somewhat misleading because a db value is added too seldom in my case. (Out of 8 files it was only one).

You just don't know nothing, because nothing was taken over. In earlier versions you always knew the actual result.

The spectogram never works for me. I have the suspicion that it either only works under 64 bit and only with the original FFmpeg builds.
    All 32 bit builds I have tested cannot output spectograms.

In the meantime there is an ffmpeg 7.0 - 32 Bit build from 2024-04-19 on GitHub. It does not work with it either.

Thanks again for your effort.

Kind regards
    Amiga
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Amiga View Post
    I find the current detection somewhat misleading because a db value is added too seldom in my case. (Out of 8 files it was only one).
    You just don't know nothing, because nothing was taken over. In earlier versions you always knew the actual result.
    The actual result has not changed.
    If nothing is displayed, the result is 0 and the volume is not changed. Very clear and unambiguous, also 1 click less.

Originally Posted by Amiga View Post
    The spectogram never works for me. I have the suspicion that it either only works under 64 bit and only with the original FFmpeg builds.
    All 32 bit builds I have tested cannot output spectograms.
    In the meantime there is an ffmpeg 7.0 - 32 Bit build from 2024-04-19 on GitHub. It does not work with it either.
    The spectrogram should of course also work with 32 bit systems, unfortunately I cannot test this.
    Download the enclosed png file (right click, save graphic as) and double click on it.
    Does it open and display?
    If not, change the file association for png as follows (in the example for windows 7):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPBNKnRuk54

If this is successful and the png file opens automatically when double-clicked, then try again with clever FFmpeg GUI.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	640x480p_sample_spectrogram.png
Views:	5
Size:	542.1 KB
ID:	78510  

Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    This has no advantage.
    If the first job uses 100% cpu, then e.g. 3 simultaneous jobs use 3x33% cpu.
    The total time requirement remains the same.
    ^Of course i meant that, when it is possible, example the audio encoder, same as was doing megui on that capture. For video encoder, probably not. See the fact that sometimes i push megui to audio encoder 8 tasks at time. All depends on the cpu and its cores/threads. The user must know about its cpu, and when proceed the multi-threating and when not.

Also, using 'crop detect' feature result in a video without audio or subs streams. Is this a bug ?
    Last edited by ingsoc; 22nd Apr 2024 at 06:37. Reason: expanding questions
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by ingsoc View Post
    using 'crop detect' feature result in a video without audio or subs streams. Is this a bug ?
    This is not a bug, cropping only affects the video, all other streams are not involved.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    using 'crop detect' feature result in a video without audio or subs streams. Is this a bug ?
    This is not a bug, cropping only affects the video, all other streams are not involved.
    a possible setting to exit result with other streams will be good, some checkbox or some... ?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    ...Very clear and unambiguous, also 1 click less.
    All good. No problem with that. Some people need more time to get used to new things...

Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    ...The spectrogram should of course also work with 32 bit systems, unfortunately I cannot test this.
    I can open a PNG file without any problems. But if none is created there is nothing to open. I can also live without the Spectogram.
    I'm just curious to find out why it's not being generated.

Is there a switch in the ffmpeg configuration that should be activated? (e.g. --enable-, --pkg-config=, --extra-cflags= etc.)
    If so, which one is it exactly? Then I could check whether this switch is present on 32 bit builds.

Sorry for the question, I'm pretty clueless. But to look the ffmpeg commands, that's still just about possible...

Thanks for your effort
    Amiga
    Quote Quote  
  28. ^ spectrogram is very important to know the audio quality. Thanx to it, one discover how the ppl, and even the platforms, create commonly very very bad audio...
    Quote Quote