VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. If you're creating ina interlaced video you have to encode interlaced. Enter --tff in the extra options box.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Would that not be the default since I have never altered any such settings in vlc and I played the clip fine in Win7/64.
    I believe the default is Automatic -- it will pick the the renderer itself depending on OS version, hardware, etc. I don't know how you can determine which renderer it's using but I believe it will normally use one of the D3D or DX devices. I don't think any player since the W98 days would use Windows GDI by default.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Im really thankful for helping me out
    Will render it with ttf flag. Btw. with such a settings as previous screen is enough to get video without quality loss? Or should I change Ratefactor to left (better quality)?
    Quote Quote  
  4. CRF 23 is a bit low. For HD material I usually use 20, 18 for SD. The slow preset is a good compromise of speed and quality. But a lot depends on your particular requirements: things like playback restrictions, upload issues, archival vs. just for watching, personal taste, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I did render even in loseless format, but somehow at the end of project there is a phase between sound and video. ;/
    Quote Quote  
  6. Can it be because some of source files are in 25 fps and other ones are 29 fps? If yes, how can force decrease 29 to 25?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Basically I figure it out bout quantizer etc. but each x264 render video starts about 1 second after audio.
    Is this some known issue?
    Quote Quote  
  8. The delay is not caused by h.264 encoding. Your source probably has a 1 second delay. The audio and video don't have to start or end at the same time. Nor do they have to have the same length. To advance the audio by 1 second set the audio delay to -1 second.
    Quote Quote  
  9. But why the same project rendered via MainConcept AVC/AAC is okay then? Oh, and I saw that video rendered via h.264 has some "corrupted blocks" randomly.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Darret View Post
    But why the same project rendered via MainConcept AVC/AAC is okay then?
    Probably because it uses different settings. Ie, not 16 reference frames and 8 bframes.

Originally Posted by Darret View Post
    Oh, and I saw that video rendered via h.264 has some "corrupted blocks" randomly.
    There are many possible causes for problems like that: computer overheating during encoding, source filters having problems with random seeks, etc.
    Quote Quote