VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hello everyone
    I am the developer of PyIDM and I've read a review on videohelp that Norton antivirus reported pyIDM.exe as a suspicious behaviour,

I scanned the file at virusscan.org and all 49 antivirus engines reported pyIDM.exe safe/clean file,
    report is here
    https://r.virscan.org/language/en/report/50be8076b35977ee0242a184d7746917

the project is open source on github you can read all the code
    the exe file made by opensource software "cx-freeze" in python

really not sure what the issue

if anyone has same problem please let me know

here is the project main page : https://github.com/pyIDM/pyIDM
    windows portable version also here: https://github.com/pyIDM/pyIDM/releases/latest

description:
    PyIDM is an opensource download manager based on youtube-dl to fetch video info and cURL as a download engine

screenshots:

Quote Quote  
  2. very good work!
    tanxs for your rel.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I started using it yesterday and have to say it is really very good, so thank you for taking the time to make it and make it available.
    I'm not daft enough to have a Norton product strangling my pc so I just unzipped it, ran it and am very happy with it. thank you.

One think that caught me out, it says a file is 100% but not completed, then an ffmpeg empty command prompt sort of window opened, I realise that is doing something with the audio, so I just left it to it until it said completed.

I did have two downloads running together, that sort of jammed up stuck at 6 minutes to go... I left that for 15 mins and nothing, so I just went back and did the downloads one at a time... all good...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avast doesn't see anything wrong...but it choked on a download that'youtube-dl' had no problem with.
    Got the log file if required.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard011.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	52433  

Quote Quote  
  5. I've used your program, Aboghazala, a few times. A very good and promising piece of software. I haven't noticed any suspicious behaviour. But today after updating youtube-dl (2020.03.24) from the program's menu and pasting youtube link the "wheel" seems to spin forever and I don't get the list of video/audio files to download. With 2020.03.08 all is OK.
    I'm not the best at IT stuff, so if it silly question, don't be too hard on me - Your program doesn't use youtube-dl.exe and doesn't download or compile it to exe, but use "raw" files from youtube_dl folder. Right? So I can't download youtube-dl.exe on my own?

If it's not difficult can you add .aac audio (instead or with .m4a) and instead of .webm audio make it an OPUS codec in for example .ogg container? AAC and OGG seem to be more popular audio containers.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi ,

Thanks for this software .

But "pyIDM_2020.3.20.zip" is not working under XP sp3 .
    "Not an available 32bits"

Cheers .
    JE SUIS CHARLIE !!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by sambat View Post
    Avast doesn't see anything wrong...but it choked on a download that'youtube-dl' had no problem with.
    Got the log file if required.

Sorry for late reply,
    I tried the same link and it downloaded the file without a problem, if it happened again try to cancel download then choose it from downloads tab and resume, i think this happened because youtube sometimes limit too many connections from same ip, but definitely the log.txt will help find the problem

[Attachment 52538 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by AllisOne View Post
    I've used your program, Aboghazala, a few times. A very good and promising piece of software. I haven't noticed any suspicious behaviour. But today after updating youtube-dl (2020.03.24) from the program's menu and pasting youtube link the "wheel" seems to spin forever and I don't get the list of video/audio files to download. With 2020.03.08 all is OK.
    I'm not the best at IT stuff, so if it silly question, don't be too hard on me - Your program doesn't use youtube-dl.exe and doesn't download or compile it to exe, but use "raw" files from youtube_dl folder. Right? So I can't download youtube-dl.exe on my own?

If it's not difficult can you add .aac audio (instead or with .m4a) and instead of .webm audio make it an OPUS codec in for example .ogg container? AAC and OGG seem to be more popular audio containers.

Thanks!
    thanks for reporting this, there is already a bug regarding updating youtube-dl from the application and i will fix it in next release https://github.com/pyIDM/pyIDM/issues/63

and you are right, the application doesn't use youtube-dl.exe, rather it use youtube-dl library "raw files", so no use to put youtube-dl.exe in application folder
    please delete the current PyIDM folder because the update button made damages to youtube-dl files and download / unzip the portal version again

regarding audio files, the application just show the available audio streams on the server, however it is possible to add another formats and it will be converted automatically by ffmpeg, will consider add this feature to next release
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by aazerty View Post
    Hi ,

Thanks for this software .

But "pyIDM_2020.3.20.zip" is not working under XP sp3 .
    "Not an available 32bits"

Cheers .
    The current PyIDM version is 32bit and it do works on both windows 32 and 64 bits, however i didn't test it on win xp, I am not sure what is missing, may be vcruntime need to be installed maybe this is could help https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=5555
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by super8rescue View Post
    I started using it yesterday and have to say it is really very good, so thank you for taking the time to make it and make it available.
    I'm not daft enough to have a Norton product strangling my pc so I just unzipped it, ran it and am very happy with it. thank you.

One think that caught me out, it says a file is 100% but not completed, then an ffmpeg empty command prompt sort of window opened, I realise that is doing something with the audio, so I just left it to it until it said completed.

I did have two downloads running together, that sort of jammed up stuck at 6 minutes to go... I left that for 15 mins and nothing, so I just went back and did the downloads one at a time... all good...
    Thanks for reporting this,
    I am not sure why it stuck but maybe some kind of errors happen, if you have a problem again please try to read the log you might find the error there

it says a file is 100% but not completed
    some video files doesn't have audio which called dash streams, so, a separate audio file is downloaded then ffmpeg will merge both video and audio together, this should take less than a second if both audio and video are same formats, but if no available audio with same video format, ffmpeg will take time to mux them
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    very good work!
    tanxs for your rel.
    Thanks Lomero
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It does not work for me
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Gabi View Post
    It does not work for me
    Gabi, can you give more information,
    what kind of problem? it doesn't start on your os or can not download some links?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I confirm that with mitele.es it does not work. With atresplayer.com neither. In the end I did it by inspecting the segments with Firefox and acquiring the master m3u8 from both websites to download it in mp4 with JDownloader. Luck!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi Aboghazala ,

I'll a look about "vcredist_x86.exe" .

Thanks .

Cheers .
    JE SUIS CHARLIE !!!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hello, dear all.

@ Aboghazala

Hi. When I put PyIDM.exe to scan online I got the results:

---> https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/bd064bd86e72599739c8d6b6e738a6d2224bf875a137bdaee4...e631/detection

Please, can you "fix" the PyIDM.exe in a way to avoid such detections? SecureAge APEX, Cylance and Sophos ML flag the file.

Thanks foy your time.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
  17. @ devilcoelhodog

thanks for reporting this, I will do more investigation regarding this issue
    Quote Quote  
  18. can you "fix" the PyIDM.exe in a way to avoid such detections? SecureAge APEX, Cylance and Sophos ML flag the file.
    @ devilcoelhodog
    I ran the scan again and "Cylance" no longer give a warning, https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/bd064bd86e72599739c8d6b6e738a6d2224bf875a137bdaee4...e631/detection

For sure, 2 detection out of 72 antivirus engine on virustotal means these 2 are false positive and the file is clean, but still the idea of false detection is not good at all,

so, I submitted "PyIDM.exe" file to both "SecureAge APEX", and "Sophos ML" for analysis as a false positive report, and still waiting their response
    Quote Quote  
  19. a quick update
    Just received response from "SecureAge APEX", they said file is clean and false detection will be cleared within the next 72 hours, below is the quoted message

Hello,

Your submission (20200403-030847814000/PyIDM.zip) has been successfully processed. Your false detection(s) will be cleared within the next 72 hours; please notify us at secureaplus@secureage.com if that is not the case. For APEX results on VirusTotal, false detections may take additional time to clear. You may need to reanalyse files in order to get the updated detection result.

Thank you for your report.

SecureAPlus Admin
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    will this program also work with downloading content from youtube premium ??
    Quote Quote  
  21. @october262
    I don’t have a youtube premium account to test it but there is a new version will be released soon, which will support website authentication, I believe it will work.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hello, dear all.

@ Aboghazala

Hi. When I put PyIDM.exe to scan online I got the results:

---> https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/bd064bd86e72599739c8d6b6e738a6d2224bf875a137bdaee4...e631/detection

This time I got only 2 engines: SecureAge APEX and Sophos ML flag the file. Cylance is OK now.

a quick update
    Just received response from "SecureAge APEX", they said file is clean and false detection will be cleared within the next 72 hours, below is the quoted message

Thanks foy your help!

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
  23. hi guys,
    why so afraid of this program? why do you have to do virus scans?
    it is a debate already heard....
    many scan and don't trust...
    if you are not sure or do not trust, do not use it !! it's simple.
    i don't have nil antivirus, but i trust of developer of this program (and be sure that if i see a virus I recognize it ...)
    so either you trust me or it seems superfluous to continue doing virus scans and posting your results here.
    antiviruses detect something, but it is not said that it is a real virus to your detriment ....
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, we all know it is false positive, and kaspersky does not report anything..
    so please stop spamming the topic with your false positive results.
    thank you.

@aboghazala:
    nice revamp of the GUI, looks a lot better now than in the past.
    Could you please add an option to download possible subtitles along with the video, thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  25. @Aboghazala
    tanxs for your rel update! now small things have been corrected! tanxs for your job.
    Quote Quote  
  26. @lomero
    @kamala
    Thanks for your nice comments

I already added some features for the next release and it is under testing now such as:
    - Audio formats like "mp3, aac, ogg" will be available along with current m4a and webm. "requested by @AllisOne"
    - website authentication
    - referee link

also, i need to add "downloading subtitle" to the list
    Quote Quote  
  27. So basically PyIDM is like a GUI for youtube-dl, right? Is your app able to download sth that youtube-dl can't?
    Quote Quote  
  28. @m0ck
    PyIDM uses youtube-dl to get video information then uses libcurl for multiconnection download, basically PyIDM is almost 10x faster than youtube-dl in downloading fragmented or hls streams

Can PyIDM download something that youtube-dl can’t?
    Answer: for non direct video links NO. but for direct link or grneral files like applications or zip files, etc. YES

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    I'm using this tool link removed and it's free
    Last edited by Baldrick; 9th Apr 2020 at 03:25.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by lafamar View Post
    I'm using this tool link removed and it's free
    what is this?? please put link to producer...
    Last edited by Baldrick; 9th Apr 2020 at 03:26.
    Quote Quote