VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. oh yes, i got it.
    with button on top left your "cancel download" and "resume download" are to be considered as stop/pause for single download.
    tanxs for your explanation. greeting!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello everyone,
    new release 2020.4.17 available with the following fixes:

- Critical Bug fix for missing extensions in video filename and failed audio/video merging.
    - Fixed Some "tvp.pl" and other links doesn't work issue #73.
    - Better hls videos processing.
    - Added 'srt' format to subtitle selection, issue #74
    - used art-work icons for all buttons including standard Popup windows.
    - Clickable links in "about window", issue #72
    - dynamic connections manager to avoid server's max. connections error.
    - fixed corrupted file contents if server sent an html instead of bytes, issue #75
    - fixed thread manager quitting while there is segments didn't finish downloading.
    - soft start, connections will be gradually increase over time to reach max.number set by user, this prevent impact on servers/networks,
    and avoid "service not available" response from server when exceeding multi-connection number set by server.
    - dynamic tooltip for playlist and video quality comboboxes, "note these are only combos that can be scrolled by mouse wheel"
    - added format id to every stream in video quality combobox.
    - Similar streams/video quality which have different language now will be shown.
    - better text display if it is longer than the widget, with 3 dots in the middle of string.

link:
    https://github.com/pyIDM/pyIDM/releases/download/2020.4.17/PyIDM_2020.4.17.zip
    Quote Quote  
  3. Great job. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Deceased
    Search PM
    Is there a way to turn off updates completely? And not have it download any components without express permission?

Especially not have it download youtube-dl and other stuff immediately upon first execution?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blimey View Post
    Is there a way to turn off updates completely? And not have it download any components without express permission?

Especially not have it download youtube-dl and other stuff immediately upon first execution?
    it's best to things updated such as youtube-dl because youtube & other sites like to change things to try and
    prevent downloading.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM

I am not sure which compiled version you are running of the software, cause my Windows version is certainly not forcefully downloading anything.
    Infact, You have to manually check for updates for it to check+download. :P
    Quote Quote  
  7. Deceased
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Kamala View Post

I am not sure which compiled version you are running of the software, cause my Windows version is certainly not forcefully downloading anything.
    Infact, You have to manually check for updates for it to check+download. :P
    All I can tell you is that I had never used or installed PyIDM before today and the first thing it did upon initial execution was to attempt to download youtube-dl.

I know because my firewall blocked it from doing so.

PyIDM even confessed about its attempt to do so by writing about the attempt in log.txt.

As far as updates, in the settings -> updates tab, there is only options to check for updates every 1, 7, or 30 days. Not zero or never.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thats right, PyIDM never download any thing automatically, for youtube-dl you have to press a button to check for a new version and it will ask you to download it or not,

I think you miss understood messages in log file,
    The check for update will only check if there is a new version is available or not,
    By checking 2 text files, read them in memory and nothing saved to disk
    one is ChangeLog.txt for PyIDM, which contains version number, here is the link for it
    https://github.com/pyIDM/pyIDM/raw/master/ChangeLog.txt

The second one is a text file version.py for youtube-dl, link:
    https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/raw/master/youtube_dl/version.py
    Which has version information only, here is the contents:
    from __future__ import unicode_literals

__version__ = '2020.03.24'
    Quote Quote  
  9. Deceased
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Aboghazala View Post
    Thats right, PyIDM never download any thing automatically, for youtube-dl you have to press a button to check for a new version and it will ask you to download it or not,
    Here is the contents of log.txt after I pressed exactly zero buttons giving permission for PyIDM to download anything:

Code:
    >> Starting PyIDM version: 2020.4.17 Frozen
    >> operating system: Windows-8.1-6.3.9600 - x86
    >> current working directory: E:\pyIDM
    >> Load Application setting from E:\pyIDM
    >> setting.cfg not found
    >> Load previous download items from E:\pyIDM
    >> downloads.cfg file not found
    >> check ffmpeg availability?
    >> ffmpeg checked ok! - at:  E:\pyIDM\ffmpeg.exe
    >> days since last check for update: 109 day(s).
    >> download()> downloading https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/raw/master/youtube_dl/version.py
    >> download()> downloading https://github.com/pyIDM/pyIDM/releases/download/extra/ChangeLog.txt
    >> youtube-dl load_time= 10 seconds
    I think you miss understood messages in log file,
    The check for update will only check if there is a new version is available or not,
    By checking 2 text files, read them in memory and nothing saved to disk
    Any network access to the internet, whether saved only to memory or instead to disk, is a download. How else could the contents of the http url have gotten into memory if it wasn't downloaded?

I don't remember pressing any buttons before it also started to download the youtube-dl executable. I will delete everything and try again to check for sure.

Sure, all of this turns out to be benign. But how would anyone know that to be the case beforehand?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Sure, all of this turns out to be benign. But how would anyone know that to be the case beforehand?

I think i can add option to ask user permission before checking for update,
    Quote Quote  
  11. I don't remember pressing any buttons before it also started to download the youtube-dl executable. I will delete everything and try again to check for sure.
    Why you said it started to download youtube-dl executable, where did you get this information from?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Deceased
    Search PM
    I don't remember pressing any buttons before it also started to download the youtube-dl executable. I will delete everything and try again to check for sure.
    Why you said it started to download youtube-dl executable, where did you get this information from?
    My firewall, COMODO, displayed the ip address and filename of the youtube-dl executable and gave me the option of allowing it or blocking it. I blocked it. The only question is whether or not I accepted any prompt from PyIDM to initiate this download. I had never used PyIDM before, but I never allow unknown standalone windows programs to do network access that I did not initiate. So, it is very unlikely that I would grant such a request. But since I had never used PyIDM before, I will delete everything and check again to be sure.

At minimum PyIDM does uninitiated network access to check for updates. The author has already acknowledged this. I just asked if this option could be disabled, including from before the very first execution. Many programs have this option. Apparently you have taken great offense at this request.

I will post full logs, including logs from my firewall, after I repeat the process anew.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Just to explain my point,
    It is a legitimate request to ask for permission before initiating any network activity, and i have no problem with that, actually this request must be implemented, so I totally agree with you in this point, and it is not true I’m taking great offense at this request, because without user’s feedback/ requests this application will no be improved

It just another thing that I already cleared in my previous post which is that the application didn’t try to download youtube-dl “EXECUTABLE”, it tried to download a “TEXT FILE” containing the version number
    Quote Quote  
  14. @Aboghazala
    today i have download one video, 1,66GB about 2 hours. i have stopped then resume 2-3 times for personal reasons.
    at the end i have master.mp4 file of 97MB and temp foder is disappeared.
    everything seems correct, but i have only 97MB with the first 10 minutes of video...
    why this behavior??

Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot_01.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	52895
    Quote Quote  
  15. @Lomero
    Did you see any error messages in log? Because I can’t tell what happened
    Quote Quote  
  16. sin. today i have download another video then my log has changed.
    what is strange is the fact, as you can see in my image, that all seemed ok however the final file was only 90 MB, while as you can see i downloaded a 1.6GB file...
    but now the log file has changed and i have already deleted that file and downloaded it with another program. patience. regards!
    Quote Quote  
  17. @Lomero
    Well I’m glad you downloaded the file you needed, this is our target, it doesn’t matter which program you used,

Next time if you find such a problem, it is better to copy log file “log.txt” from application folder to some where else, so we can find the reason for the problem and try to fix it.
    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Aboghazala View Post
    Next time if you find such a problem, it is better to copy log file “log.txt” from application folder
    i did not think about it. but the next time i have to do this again i will definitely keep the log file! regards
    Quote Quote  
  19. @ Aboghazala
    same behavior of yesterday....
    last night i have incoming new video download. get on PyIDM after about 30MB i have stopped my download cause low speed of my connection.
    this morning i have resume download. link as expired, then get new m3u8 file i have put on PyIDM and resume download.
    new stop, for my personal reason, resume download and again link expired. get new m3u8 file i have put on PyIDM and resume download.
    now download ends, but my final video (370MB) is only 39MB (about 3' 40" lenght instead of 30 minutes)
    this time i have log file if u want check it...

Name:	sdfsdf.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	52951
    Quote Quote  
  20. @Lomero
    You can send log file in private message or to my email
    info.pyidm@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  21. by my stupid mistake i have run your prog and log file has started again...
    tonight i re-download same video and repeat all step-by-step yesterday's procedure.
    we update...
    Quote Quote  
  22. ok same behavior, same problem.
    last night i have started my download video (same video at my post#79)
    started, not finish i have stopped and turn off my pc.
    this morning i have resume download. but link as expired, and for me this is the problem: i have get new valid link to download, put on your program and him ask if i want resume or start new download. i choose resume. download start, finish, burn a master.mp4 but this file is only 24MB 2minutes 40 seconds, full video is 380MB for 26minutes 30 seconds.
    i send PM with log file.

file download complete:

Name:	fewfwef.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	52977

resume request (this is the problem, with link expired):

Name:	werwer.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	52978
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hello everyone
    Sorry if you downloaded a yesterday version 2020.5.3 which has a problem for dash HLS videos

Here is a new version 2020.5.4 here: https://github.com/pyIDM/PyIDM/releases/download/2020.5.4/PyIDM_2020.5.4.zip

Changes:
    - "hotfix for 2020.5.3"
    - SysTray icon, with options "minimize or close to systray", currently "available
    on windows", support for other platforms in progress.
    - Added cookies support issue #80.
    - Major Fixes for "Resume download".
    - Parsing subtitles from hls m3u8 files issue #77.
    - Filtered Ads. segments from hls video's manifest.
    - Ask user permission before checking for update, issue #76.
    - Portable windows version, upgrading to new versions can be done by using update
    button which will auto-download "updated files only - almost 5MB" instead of
    downloading the whole new version.
    - cancel download for expired links or if no data received from network, with popup
    feedback on download error
    - Added some keyboard keys action: Esc key for download cancel, Delete for item delete.
    - play video on thumbnail click, "in downloads tab".
    - Get direct streaming url without downloading, by clicking Thumbnail board at main tab.
    - Fixes for "download speed chokes" at the end, when remaining only one worker only.
    - Hls videos watch while downloading is now available for non-encrypted videos.

@kamala
    Special thanks to spot this bug
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PyIDM version 2020.5.10

What's new in version 2020.5.10:

Systray icon support for both Linux and windows.
    download subtitles for all selected videos in playlist window issue #82
    Set Auto Referee if there is no Referee set already.
    Reminder flashing text if critical options in use, i.e. proxy, and speed limit
    Fixed file rename problem, and allow file name length up to 255 characters. issue #83
    Fixed total size doesn't change with different quality selection.
    Playlist "select all" fixed "network surge connections blocked". issue #81
    Fixed proxy input can't be enabled.

files description:

PyIDM_2020_5_10.zip, portable complete version 2020.5.10

update_for_older_versions.zip: updated files for versions older than 2020.5.10 starting from version 2020.5.4, you can use update button to download these files automatically or extract contents to any folder then copy contents of "lib" folder and manually merge into PyIDM "lib" folder.

PyIDM_2020_5_10.zip

update_for_older_versions.zip
    Quote Quote  
  25. @kamala
    Thanks for posting this update
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Delinger View Post
    Sometimes it is preferable not to comment than to say something inappropriate, but in this case I congratulate you for the excellent work you have put in solving this problem.

Thanks @Delinger
    Last edited by Aboghazala; 14th May 2020 at 23:51.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Thank you for the new update 2020.6.15.
    Great job Aboghazala.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Thanks @villaquien
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PyIDM version 2020.6.27

Release info:

portable version for windows 32bit and 64bit, no installation needed, just extract it to any folder and run PyIDM.exe file
    ffmpeg.exe included, you can download latest version here
    the binary version ".exe" prepared by "cx_freeze" on python 3.7.1, windows8x64bit

2020.6.27:

Write metadata info to media files issue #124, Settings>General
    fixed fragmented video download
    fixed downloads for itv.com
    revamp subtitles download, and fixes for issue #125

Download: PyIDM_2020.6.27.zip
    Quote Quote