VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I teach English in China. I want to prepare video dubbing exercises - turn the sound off, let the students read while the video plays on. The students all have access to the full movies. I want to make some clips to send them to help them find the exact part that I want them to dub. I am using a program called Open Shot Video Editor. I would like to be able to export to files that are 2-3 mb per minute of video so that I can share it with them by messenger. We are presently in lockdown, othewise I would just invite them all to my classroom and we could watch it together. Now, I have to work without this luxury. For this stage, they will be viewing it on their phone. When it comes time to perform, we will (hopefully) be in an auditorium with the original disk. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You'll need a bitrate around 300 kbps, total for video plus audio.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry...I have not delved into this field in a long time. I mean I want to make the file size 3 mb for each minute of video...so a 7 minute video clip would be 21 mb...maybe even 30
    Quote Quote  
  4. The answer is the same. For 2 MB per minute you need a total of 266666 bits/sec for audio and video. For 3 MB per minute you need 400000 bits/sec. So I gave you something in between. If you use 128 kbps for the audio you'll have 138 to 272 kbps left for the video. You'll need a highly static video or a very small frame size to achieve that with any quality.

3 MB/min
    = 3,000,000 Bytes per min
    = 24,000,000 bits per min
    = 400,000 bits per second
    = 400 Kbits per second
    Last edited by jagabo; 22nd Mar 2020 at 09:13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mono audio at 64kbps or less will help.
    Quote Quote