VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    leftie views, righty views, they all die the same.

bickering while people begin to die ? shame on you.

please spare some thought for the people, the members here.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hydra3333 View Post
    leftie views, righty views, they all die the same..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wpswi200322.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	52420

Originally Posted by the_man_one View Post
    walls work, look at the current illegal immigration levels, the lowest in decades.
    There's been almost no new barriers built since 2011. Bush II had 580 miles. Obama added less than 100 miles, new total 649 miles. Trump added 3 new miles -- THREE WHOLE MILES -- and mostly just replaced some of the barriers. The border is 1954 miles. The lower migrant levels are due to non-wall factors. Immigration was at its peak during the Bush/Clinton/Bush years, 90s and early 00s. It was a sharp rise. Since the mid/late 2000s, it has leveled off, and really has not change that much in the past decade. Slight up-and-down year over year, but a flat average during Obama/Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_wall
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/01/11/us/politics/trump-border-crisis-reality.html

And COVID-19, like most illegal immigration entrances, came via air and sea ports. Not from land crossings.
    Last edited by lordsmurf; 23rd Mar 2020 at 21:28.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lordsmurf obamas years he used turnaways counted as deportations, the actual rate went up lots during Obama. I would not use the ny times as a credible source of info. by its very nature its hard to determine, they say during Obama 12 million were here. others report 22 million +. I tend to believe the latter numbers.

Search Comp PM
    Consider the thread title.

Blindness and deafness abounds by the looks.

Per
    Originally Posted by hydra3333 View Post
    A sort-of-funny comedy clip about it here, which anecdotally got better results than the government media coverage:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hks6Nq7g6P4
    Politics ... infecting people with d*mbf*ck*ry.

Search Comp PM
    PS not being american, I don't care about your politics - apart from its hilarity.

I did find the hypocrisy (about the virus) demonstrated by TV presenters in this clip, very entertaining :-
    https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemocrats/videos/635029780374179/
    side-by-side videos of before-and-after comments, 180 degree reversals without reconciling the change in positioning ... your entertainment channels are great.

6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm hoarding toilet paper. 10 rolls!

Here in Sweden it's not that bad yet. But it will be because we have way too few hospitals ICU beds(compared to most other countries) .

But I will close this if you continue with too much politics.

Search Comp PM
    thank you Baldrick

8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This thread is getting a little too political,time to close it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.

9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    We can leave it open for now. But I don't want to hear anything about Trump...

Search Comp PM
    Well, there appears to be rising public sentiment that Australian pollies and their advisers may be letting their people down.

They do not want to close schools with the chief medical officer saying there is no evidence of community transmission from children. Yet there is, if you look for it (we aren't). Even in China stats. Or even in common sense - ask any parent if they ever caught a bug from their kids. Unfortunately for us, M*d*ch's *rse-papers are currently peddling economics (of closing schools!!) over saving lives.

After long discussion with a bright sibling whose partner is in the medical field, and in reviewing a range of very switched-on doctor's public assessments when considering foreign experience, we are going into isolation, ahead of government advice.

It appears to be a good choice to perhaps survive, given we're in a high risk category ... and our public officials and media are currently quite busy berating a very large number of selfish 20-something bonehead wankers for flouting social distancing requirements.
    Last edited by hydra3333; 23rd Mar 2020 at 06:21. Reason: spelling

11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All I am trying to point out is:They knew well in advance this was on its way and were more worried about its effect in November than they were about the american people.
    That being said,review our leaders response a few weeks ago as this was approaching and look where we are now.Nowhere near enough testing being done,we are on our way to surpassing Italy to 2nd place,not good!Our hospitals and healthcare workers are overwhelmed and virtually unprotected.We have the perfect storm for a lot of americans to die,
    only because this man is driven by greed and power,controlled by big business,and has used his first term to weed out all the people on his cabinet who weren't yes men/butt kissers.Great plan! Now we are surrounded by a group of idiots from the president( I use this term in the loosest possible sense)on down leading this country.We have senate that does not have a pair of testicles between them,we the common americans are screwed,especially the older we are.Be prepared to die at home alone with no support,and most likely suffocating to death!Boy they really made America great again!!!!We would all be far better served if they would have made America GOOD again.Remember this if you live long enough to vote in November!I am sorry if you disagree with this,unfortunately,these are the facts as they are right now,if you feel the need to ban me,please do.

12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by conrailguy View Post
    All I am trying to point out is...
    Yes, but why are you trying to point it out HERE? There are plenty of other forums that serve as more appropriate venues for your topic. This is a video forum.

13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post
    Originally Posted by conrailguy View Post
    All I am trying to point out is...
    Yes, but why are you trying to point it out HERE? There are plenty of other forums that serve as more appropriate venues for your topic. This is a video forum.
    You are asolutely right and I am sorry to all,I am just all wound up about the current situation.

14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I went grocery shopping yesterday and was able to get a few of the items that I wanted last week that were unavailable at that time. I also found out that my sister had a test for the flu, that came back positive and therefore did not have COVID-19. So, that was good news.

Now the bad news: The experts say that two weeks of social distancing is not enough to protect vulnerable members of the population from exposure or flatten the curve to the point where hospitals can do something for the majority of critically ill patients but as of today, there is serious talk of ending the national policy of social distancing in the USA after 2 weeks because it is bad for the economy, and because providing adequate financial aid is too expensive, social unrest may result from a longer period without work.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329

15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Honolulu, Hawaii is under a stay/work from home directive from the Mayor at 4:30pm HST today until the end of April. I just finished a temp work assignment on Friday, so it will be interesting what happens next. There may be some work at home assignments.

16. Some have a real problem to understand that this is highly contagious virus and to flatten the curve folks need to minimize spreading , there is a way even letting some businesses and all to not shut down, minimize losses. Not politics. People are responsible.

Being set to blame a politician and yap about it on and on where one can go to the store even right now and to see that no one is wearing a face mask not mentioning gloves is simply stupid as it can be. And other activities, you all know what folks actually do to stop spreading it or NOT. Or right at the same sentence blaming them they add give me, give me, give me. Why don't they go to stand in front of their local store and yap at their local people to come back with a mask.
    Last edited by _Al_; 23rd Mar 2020 at 11:44.

17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Certainly, this current crisis affects how video makers and providers conduct business, and as long as we keep our focus on sharing helpful info (i.e. - austerity measures, workflow adaptations, etc.), it would be beneficial to keep this thread open. Good ideas are always welcome.

18. Baldrick - You will need more that 10 rolls. If you have a woman living with you they use 4 times (or more) the amount you use. And if the Virus really hits Sweden then there will be a run on the stores and no more toilet paper anywhere.

I speak from experience here in Oregon, USA. Once we heard that one person had the virus and died in our area, the stores were hit and shelves were bare in one day. People now use paper towels and other stuff that just clogs up the pipes.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan

19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    Some have a real problem to understand that this is highly contagious virus and to flatten the curve folks need to minimize spreading , there is a way even letting some businesses and all to not shut down, minimize losses. Not politics. People are responsible.

Being set to blame a politician and yap about it on and on where one can go to the store even right now and to see that no one is wearing a face mask not mentioning gloves is simply stupid as it can be. And other activities, you all know what folks actually do to stop spreading it or NOT. Or right at the same sentence blaming them they add give me, give me, give me. Why don't they go to stand in front of their local store and yap at their local people to come back with a mask.
    You have unrealistic expectations. As demonstrated by your ongoing complaints about people not wearing masks and gloves in stores, if one leaves it up to individuals to do something on their own, they won't, particularly when it goes against established customs. On the other hand, if wearing masks and gloves in stores were required by national decree or local ordinance, you might see a change. I have observed that people are at least making an attempt to stay 6ft/1.5m from each other to comply with suggestions from the various levels of government. Wearing masks in public not only goes against custom, it is something that we have been told specifically not to do at this time.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 23rd Mar 2020 at 14:04.

20. It will change, and I do not mean Obama change, ..., lets meet here, same time, say in 20 years.
    how many billions as population there is going to be in 20 years?

"it goes against custom" sounds like we do not use water here because it spreads a disease, basically. My complaining is not self oriented, mostly elderly are affected, there is a guy working 65 years old, high blood pressure with diabetes and I refuse to keep a trivia safety because it suppose to look silly wearing a mask? As other noticed I feel lack i respecting elderly somehow for some reason. I dont know, imagine that that disease would kill 0.5% population 0-20 years old instead like it used to before or still does in some countries. Wouldn't you as a father suddenly start to wear a mask even in your own house?

21. It is messy but not far in the future some of us will run out of toilet paper. But we can use rags, clean them up and use them again. I got what toilet paper I could get and paid a price higher than I wanted to pay. The shelves were nearly empty and only the most expensive brand was left. Looking at Amazon Canada this morning most of those prices are higher than I am willing to pay.

A tip I learned well it was referred to as a hack on YouTube; wrap your fresh veggies in tin foil, it makes them last quite a bit longer. My Mom is eighty four and so far she is feeling well. She grew up during the Depression and War Time so she knew of rashioning. We just embraced Online Banking last week and it is coming in handy.

We are blessed to still have Mom and hopefully she will be with us for many years to come. This seems like it is going to be a long old slog; but our generation has had it easier than most of the previous generations. She is enjoying some of the programming on the Tubi TV website and over the last little while they have really increased the free and legal movies and TV Shows that are up there.

It is terrific to have the internet to communicate with others and to learn new things. I am grateful that most of the Governments around the world are stepping up trying to contain this virus from spreading. I think the Agencies that determine Credit Ratings for Provinces and Federal Governments should exercise compassion and not be downgrading credit ratings. Money has to be doled out to help keep things going and to aid in an economic rebound. It would be a good thing if certain debts were expunged because Governments have been bailing out in the past and you always hear of Banks getting money at zero percent and yet not showing much mercy in their pursuits of survival and then of course profit. But enough of all that focus on those we love and trying to do the best for them and others. None of us are perfect, but we can learn, we can do better another time and even in this time there are people and things to be thankful for that are part of our lives.

22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It will change, and I do not mean Obama change, ..., lets meet here, same time, say in 20 years.
    how many billions as population there is going to be in 20 years?

"it goes against custom" sounds like we do not use water here because it spreads a disease, basically. My complaining is not self oriented, mostly elderly are affected, there is a guy working 65 years old, high blood pressure with diabetes and I refuse to keep a trivia safety because it suppose to look silly wearing a mask? As other noticed I feel lack i respecting elderly somehow for some reason. I dont know, imagine that that disease would kill 0.5% population 0-20 years old instead like it used to before or still does in some countries. Wouldn't you as a father suddenly start to wear a mask even in your own house?
    It isn't lack of respect for the elderly. As already stated, safety guidelines do not suggest wearing a surgical or construction masks because they are in short supply and needed for medical use. It isn't a fear of looking silly. Covering half of one's face with a rag or cloth is still considered a sign of criminal intent. Doing that in a convenience store could create a very awkward situation.

I have already stated that both members of my household are elderly and high risk. This includes ME. I am obeying all the safety guidelines suggested by my government for high-risk persons and use home-made 60% alcohol hand sanitizer.

If you cannot reconcile with the fact that few Americans are wearing masks in public, stay home for the duration of the outbreak for the sake of your mental health.

23. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    If you cannot reconcile with the fact that few Americans are wearing masks in public, stay home for the duration of the outbreak for the sake of your mental health.
    Was it really necessary?
    Do you want to help me and hand me some blankets while I retreat to a secure location?

Search Comp PM
    so far the CDC estimates the flu has killed between 23,000 – 59,000 people this year in the u.s.a.. covid-19 - 575. yes it's just starting here but the average age of a person dying from covid-19 in italy is over 80. keep your parents and grandparents home and safe!
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303

Search Comp PM
    A TV presenter in Australia this morning was complaining about the cost and saying not to close schools ... just after 2 different trusted doctors (who said they represented their separate hospital colleagues going through this), and a range of doctors around our nation were saying the schools should close as it would save lives including hospital workers ... and then the TV bone-head mentioned "only those that have died were over 77" (or some such foolishness) and "there's only x deaths" - totally ignoring international experience and immediately after the news this morning said the latest UK casualty was 18yo.
    I could have clapped when one person said Italy was in our position 3 weeks ago, to which the bone-head had no useful response.

To some people, other people's lives are expendable in the pursuit of money. Understandable when you begin to assess their self-center factor. In more normal times these fools would be vilified.

Our gov't has abandoned teachers (especially older and/or health-vulnerable ones), still specifying schools should remain open and stupidly claiming there's no evidence of kids passing it on (when evidence exists and our doctors are pointing that out).
    edit: I just read that the gov't argument goes :- kids should stay in school because there's no evidence they pass it on, and schools should not close because they may pass it on to grandparents or congregate outside schools and catch it and pass it on to others. Say, what ???? The stupidity of that contradictory argument is being recognised Clearly there's an agenda somewhere.

Some states have closed schools anyway, others haven't, and the d*ckh**d national minister on TV was almost shouting that there's no confused national message.
    The TV host asked him if he was on the same planet as parents around the nation - clearly the minister just had a message and was sticking to it to "toe his party's line" regardless of anything else.

Some "TV talking heads" are a danger to everyone

What a world !
    Last edited by hydra3333; 23rd Mar 2020 at 18:09.

Search Comp PM
    wow. young school age kids spread any and all germs like wildfire. all schools here are closed and they are doing online classes only.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303

27. They have all chromebooks from school, with limited web access, at least here , so teachers and students operate thru google drive and teachers give them every morning some little load what to do. High school had it mandatory but not middle school because governor made it Act of God break, so no schooling before break. There is a spring break this week so no duties. But right after they all start using their chromebooks again and some learning and homework. They are used to that already, for them its a norm to use Chromebook for that so no complications at all. They have their books loaded there for study.

I should actually add, not all schools have this seamless transition having those laptops, it depends on county, city I guess, they might operate without those chromebooks or laptops. Same as for little kids, elementary school use iPads, middle school has chromebooks and google drive system going on. But not all schools. So it really depends what county or area you are in or state in USA.
    Last edited by _Al_; 23rd Mar 2020 at 19:04.

28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Was it really necessary?
    Do you want to help me and hand me some blankets while I retreat to a secure location?
    Yes, it was necessary. Your fixation with everyone wearing masks verges on an obsession.

Was this necessary?

29. This thread only serves to shame and dox people who may be ill.

You wouldn't stand for a "Who here has, or knows someone who has HIV?" thread. Right?

30. For him yes, and that one for you, you swap that sequence in time, which does not make any sense. It is not an obsession, just an observation while there is a highly contagious disease around. But as you proudly trying to say, it is not an American thing to protect others. Got it.

Also, my wife is proud American, born in the USA , who goes into store nowadays and of course she would not like to get it so she puts scarf in front of her mouth gently at least so folks would not stare at her if she had a mask or she would not be looked upon for some reason or judged by folks around that she is obsessed or simply imply that she is sick just like you deduct yourself as a proud American , it is not an American thing to do.
    It took a speech to persuade her to not be afraid and use damn mask if she wants to. That is why I know something stinks here and put my comment in here. If not for my wife I would not even bother. She simply thought in back of her mind that it was not appropriate.
    Last edited by _Al_; 23rd Mar 2020 at 21:49.