VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.

So in the rendering settings there is a usual quality settings, draft, food, best, project quality, etc.

But in the encoder settigs under Mainconcept HEVC there are also preset options, seen here:
    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49656264812_fff068348e_o.png

What parameter do those affect and how this affect the video quality? Aside the rendering time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. They are Quick Sync presets.

something on page 130:
    https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/mediasdk-man.pdf ,
    it has 7 degrees for those settings, between highest speed (MFX_TARGETUSAGE_7) and best quality (MFX_TARGETUSAGE_1), choosing one is a trade off, you gain speed or you loose quality. So Magix Vegas encoding module skips two presets somewhere in between.

You do not want to know which arguments and what they do. Because maybe even developers are not 100% sure. It just does it. Major function of encoder is a camouflage. So whatever needs to be done and sum it up into one word for a user.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Best quality would imply best image quality for the bitrate, high speed implies the fastest possible encode speed but worst image quality for the bitrate. Usually the middle option to the second best option is the best option for speed vs quality, usually.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well, I was either way using 20Mbps for rendering stuff for yt and they say optimal bitrate is 10 Mbps, so I guess I will lower the bitrate and that preset option to the step below of what i usually do.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I used wrong words in my previous post, it should be: "you gain speed AND you loose quality" or rather "you gain speed OR better quality for same average bitrate" , but I think naturally you know what's going on ...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, it's always a trade-off.
    Quote Quote