VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

I've got an idea for a style of transition I want to use in a video, I'll try and describe what I'm thinking of:

I'm trying to create an effect by rotating an object (a video clip) while it is behind an existing mirror transform so that the reflection of the video in the mirror changes accordingly as the object rotates. so the clip I'm transitioning to would begin behind a non-transparent portion of an object which is alreaady mirrored, and then rotate into view from behind it while becoming mirrored itself.

Does that make sense?

I think this can be achieved in some way by using masks on a shape object maybe? I'm used to applying mirrors to to objects and then moving them, but not sure how to move an object independently of an established mirror.

Any ideas or input most welcomed, Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Clipper23 View Post
    Hello all,

I've got an idea for a style of transition I want to use in a video, I'll try and describe what I'm thinking of:

I'm trying to create an effect by rotating an object (a video clip) while it is behind an existing mirror transform so that the reflection of the video in the mirror changes accordingly as the object rotates. so the clip I'm transitioning to would begin behind a non-transparent portion of an object which is alreaady mirrored, and then rotate into view from behind it while becoming mirrored itself.

Does that make sense?

I think this can be achieved in some way by using masks on a shape object maybe? I'm used to applying mirrors to to objects and then moving them, but not sure how to move an object independently of an established mirror.

Any ideas or input most welcomed, Thanks!

The description is not clear

What program are you using or referring to?

Why is it " 'behind' an existing mirror transform"? It's an interesting choice of words. Normally you stand in "front" of a mirror

How is this organized ? Do you see the mirror image of the video only? Or do you see the video normally as it's rotating, plus it's mirror image in the mirror itself maybe offset at an angle? Or are there other "objects" ?

If you transition to the 2nd video, what happens to the 1st video ? Does the 2nd video occupy the same space ? What is the transition? Does it "rotate" out of view (and out of the mirror view) , and the 2nd rotates "in" ? Does it cover it up or occlude it?
    Quote Quote