VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I'm looking for software info on two older USB hardware MPEG-2 encoder models. They use Windows XP, Vista & Windows 7 32 bit drivers. The drivers are propriatary Drivers and not like most USB video capture devices that use a standard format that most capture software can access. Also I believe the Dazzle drivers hide the audio stream from most capture software.

These are the models I'm inquiring about:

1) Dazzle Digital Video Creator 150

2) Dazzle DVD Creation Station 200

I know they work with Moviestar 5, Pinnacle Studio Version 8 & 9. I believe Pinnacle who owns Dazzle did include in later versions of Pinnacle Studio the ability to capture from these older models but I don't know the last version to include these models. I think certain older version of Intervideo software may also work with it.

If you know of any software that works with these units, please post them. I don't care how old they are because most can be bought off ebay and some still NEW in seal packages if I knew which ones will work.

I knew of a Unofficial fan site of the Dazzle PCI DVC-II and some for the original MPEG-1 DVC that had lots of this type of info but they are no longer around.

I know anyone can buy better inexpensive encoders that work with any modern software but these do exactly what I want then for and I'm trying to expand the limited software packages that work with them because of their propriatary Drivers.

Any tips or tricks to work around the driver limitations would also be great. They will be used on a Windows XP and Windows 7 system but I've heard of some people say they are using them on Windows 10. Still not sure how they can do that with drivers that haven't been updated since April, 2012.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I found this info and it looks like starting at Pinnacle Studio Version 15, they dropped support for the Legacy products.

"What Capture Hardware Will Work With Studio 15?

Unsupported hardware

The following list of hardware came with older versions of Studio and is no longer in Warranty or supported.

DC10
    DC10 Plus
    MovieBox DV
    Dazzle DVC 80, 85
    Linx
    MP 10
    S400
    Dazzle DVC-150
    MovieBox USB
    MP 20
    DVC 150
    DSC 200"

I also found out that Dazzle had a Moviestar 4.25 for a free download but because it's no longer supported, they no longer keep a copy. The latest version I can find for version 4 is a version 4.24 update but version 4.25 had several major improvements. Does anyone know where I can get this update or download?

It was originally available from Pinnacle's site below as a full 70 MB install but the link no longer works.

ftp.pinnaclesys.de in folder driver/pc/dazzle there is a file dazzle_moviestar_4.25.exe
    Quote Quote  
  3. The drivers for these Legacy products can be found here:

http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/Hardware_Installer/readmeHW10.htm

Both the Dazzle DVC 150 & DSC 200 (DVD Creation Station 200) use hardware MPEG-2 encoders for high quality capture in DVD format.

What Windows 10 USB video encoders do it in hardware today in 720X480 and would be modern equivalents? I tried a few less expensive software USB encoders and like the older Dazzle quality better. Just looking for the best DVD quality from a high quality analog video source.
    Quote Quote