VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread

mp4

Thread
    Search Comp PM
    hi

is there capture software out there that can capture via an advc 100 straight to mp4 in one step like premiere 6 could if avi?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    DV to mp4? Double butchering.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't think I've ever seen DV in an MP4 file. You can mux it into a MOV file though -- that might be close enough for you. I don't know if any capture programs support it directly. Attached is a short sample.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 5th Mar 2020 at 21:49.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Back in the day I could transcode from an ADVC to mpeg2.

I know that is not what you are asking but I doubt it. You might find some software to mux from DV to mp4 but, again, I doubt it. Muxing into containers is only of value if your player can support it. VLC might. But try and play that theoretical mp4 to a tv either by BD-player or usb and all falls flat.

And you are more likely to want to edit the recording. So keep it as DV.avi, edit it, and then transcode to a compatable codec for mp4.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And maybe not.

You really should research your suggestions before you commit them to print. That capture program is available for direct download on this site and is Nagware. You get 20 minutes maximum in trial mode. Maybe enough to test it. But.....

Then read the programs remarks. 'Depends on input source' or words to that effect.

Better to test these yourself when you have the kit than make wild suggestions.
    Quote Quote