VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    I saw the new capture card from Snazzi
    http://www.snazzi.com/snazzisite/html/snazziAVDV.html
    they said it can do DV to MPEG real time hardware encoding
    Really ?

Can anyone tell it's true or it's just a Snzzi III DVC + 1394 Card ?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hard to say - they don't list it at www.snazzishop.com so getting one or seeing real prices will be difficult for those in the US
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, I read the description and they do indeed claim it is hardware encoding to MPEG-1/2 via a firewire transfer of DV. But, near the bottom they indicate what sort of processor power is required for DV to MPEG conversion and you need a pretty decent P4 to do DV to MPEG-2. This doesn't sound like hardware encoding to me. This appears to be another handwaving smoke screen Dazzle/Snazzi move to confuse the public to get their money. I was excited at first, now I'm just rolling my eyes.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Guest
    That's why I post this tread, I wonder it can really capture DV to MPEG2 in real time, I also read their data sheet and say it require a P4 1.4G to do this job. strange?

Hope to hear someone have this card and tell us the real beef.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No it can't if the system spec where a lot lower more like PII 300 then it would be a yes.
    This only apply to DV capturing.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Gordon168
    That's why I post this tread, I wonder it can really capture DV to MPEG2 in real time, I also read their data sheet and say it require a P4 1.4G to do this job. strange?

Hope to hear someone have this card and tell us the real beef.
    Well, it says it capture DV to MPEG2 in real time. This does not necessarily mean that it converts DV to MPEG-2 by hardware. That's really two different things.

My educated guess is that card do MPEG conversion using the PC power instead.

:P
    ktnwin - PATIENCE
    Quote Quote  
  7. It most definately says it does it in real time via hardware. Copied directly from the link provided:

"DV to MPEG real time hardware encoding."

I don't believe it for a second.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Guest
    I finally figure it out, this card just a SNAZZI III + 1394
    Why?
    please check Cyberlink's PowerDirector system requirement, and it's DV to MPEG2 must equipe a P4 1.4, same as this card
    http://www.cyberlink.com.tw/chinese/product/powerdirector/system_requirement.jsp (sorry only chinese)
    So I have nothing much to say
    Quote Quote  
  9. Guest
    Here the english system requirement for PowerDirector
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/products/powerdirector_pro/system.jsp
    Quote Quote  
  10. Oh Yes, it uses hardware for MPEG-2 conversion. That piece of hardware is the Pentium 4, 1.4 Ghz min !
    ktnwin - PATIENCE
    Quote Quote