VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello all! I'm here today because someone I know has ran into a very unfortunate problem with capturing N64 footage while going for a world record in a game, since he didn't have deinterlacing on or was recording at the proper framerate he should have been, the video is now irreversibly (to my knowledge) ruined. I was wondering if anybody could help me a bit here as to finding ANY way to fix this. I've posted examples of my problems. Seems to be lots of blended frames I have no clue how to fix.

Click image for larger version

Name:	runway 21 session raw.00_00_11_26.Still001.png
Views:	140
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	52174

Here's the entire video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRYCHorTCj4

I have the raw capture file for the speedrun as well, the YT video I linked is upscaled to 4K by me to help preserve some quality on Youtube.
    Quote Quote  
  2. One needs a segment of the original cap to determine what might be done. Not upscaled, not downscaled, not reencoded.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Here is a link to the original capture straight from the capture card, although it's the entire session he played for this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bcQKwVFhOwsoHqZ_T9n2IjLgYkKEC2EC/view

Also my original post has the original resolution of the video in the picture I embedded, it's a screen capture straight from premiere looking at the raw original file.

Edit: my hypothesis to why the video came out to this way with the blended frames is due to it being capture at 30.00fps, but I wanted to post here to be sure and to get some possible answers to fixing it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yuck. Some types of blending can be removed but I don't see an easy solution for that cap. It also has lots of duplicate and dropped frames. Unless it was something very important to me I'd just smart bob it to 60p.

<edit>
    To further mess it up, the interlaced frames are encoded progressive causing additional blending of the colors.
    </edit>
    Last edited by jagabo; 28th Feb 2020 at 14:40.
    Quote Quote