VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm starting to have a problem with recording VHS with VirtualDub. It used to work fine but now when I record more than 15 minutes the preview screen (overlay) becomes very choppy and only displays a new screen every 5 seconds or so. When I stop capturing, the part where it became choppy is totally messed up. Randomly speeding up and slowing down. And the audio also becomes messed up. I've recorded more than 4 hours in a row with this program less than a week ago and I don't know what changed now. This happens every 15 min btw.

I've made a screenshot with the CPU usage when it messed up but just like recording normally it's really low.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	capture33.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	52157

I've cleaned up my pc a bit and scanned for viruses but nothing changed. I've even done a clean install of VirtualDub and VirtualDub2 but again every time the capture gets over 15 min the problem starts again.

Has anyone got this problem before and know of a solution? Or have a alternative to VirtualDub for recording vhs? I don't care if it's a payed product I just want it to work.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Don't let VirtualDub play the audio while capturing. Fiddle with the sync settings in its capture timing options, especially "Do not resync..." Turn off your Antivirus program while capturing.

VirtualDub is very flexible and can usually be made to work with a capture card but its wide array of options makes it difficult to get set up properly. If you can't get it working again try another capture program. People who have given up on VirtualDub have reported success with AmaRecTV or iuVCR.
    Quote Quote