VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Thread
  1. Well as I say, I've done this lots of times before and never had this issue so I doubt it's a keyframe-type thing. There's no way to force the keyframes onto the chapter points, is there? I played a file that had a non-keyframe chapter point on my LG TV with Emby the other day and the audio worked fine, and it freeze-framed the keyframe until the audio caught up to that point.

I just can't fathom why this one file is dong this. I've been doing this with PAL DVDs with zero issues for ages.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    There's no way to force the keyframes onto the chapter points, is there?
    x264 has a facility that lets you force keyframes at certain frames.

http://www.chaneru.com/Roku/HLS/X264_Settings.htm#qpfile

But I don't think it's supported by ffmpeg, even using the -x264opts option.

Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    I just can't fathom why this one file is dong this
    All you can do is try different things until you find something that works.

Oh, by the way, I didn't see anything wrong with the short sample you uploaded. DgIndex+Mpeg2Source() screwed up the video when accessed directly from the MKV file (as expected). But after demuxing the video to MPG with MkvExtractGUI2 and using Dgindex+Mpeg2Source() on that file everything was fine. Of course, that doesn't rule out problems elsewhere in the source.
    Last edited by jagabo; 22nd May 2020 at 12:28.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've used -force_key_frames in the past, but that's when dealing with a basketball game and four chapter points, not a movie and 30 chapter points. It can take "chapters" instead of just a timestamp, but AFAIK it only reads the chapters of the existing file, not the new chapters, and even if I could make it do the latter the batch file as it stands doesn't generate the new chapter timecodes until after it encodes the video footage anyway.
    Quote Quote