VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    hi everyone i need help with this problem right i bought myself a new tv cos my other one stopped working after 10 years that was just a normal hd tv
    right i know have bought a lg 49 inch smart tv with all the apps and this tv records aswell right this is the problem i record a program off the tv onto a usb stick i formated it to NTFS through the pc then i put it in the back of the tv to record the program i wanted to record it record all ok but i can only play it through the tv cos when i plug the usb stick into the pc it has all different files and my pc does not recognise any of the video files also i cant use any of my video converters to convert it to another format cos it does not recognise any of the files so can anyone tell me what software would convert theses files to a another format i have also uploaded a picture of the files on my usb stick so can anyone tell me is there any software that will convert theses to another format cos i have tried a lot of video converters and none of them work so if anyone can help me that would be great thanks

Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lg smart tv.jpg
Views:	3059
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	52016  

Quote Quote  
  2. And they are encrypted and can only be played on the TV that recorded them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    i know that it only plays though the tv but it might play through the pc if there was a software to convert it is there any softwares that will do that and i have tried a lot of video converters and none of them work maybe that is how they make tvs now where you cant play the files on a pc which is kind of crap this could be how tvs are gonna be done now
    Quote Quote  
  4. If this files are encrypted there is nothing we can do about it, but if they are not, you need to use tools like avisynth + LSMASHSource to open it, also make sure you set your explorer to see file extensions:
    https://fileinfo.com/help/windows_10_show_file_extensions

Code:
    video=LWLibavVideoSource("D:\.2019 Nov 22_2319_0.str")
    audio=LWLibavAudioSource("D:\.2019 Nov 22_2319_0.str")
    AudioDub(video, audio)
    Either you can use virtualdub2 to process it if you know what to do or use handbrake, a user friendly converter to convert to any other video format you want.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    can you tell me then how do i use avisynth and LSMASHSource and virtualdub2 then i just need a program that opens theses files and converts them to any video format

what i dont under stand is that my old tv which was a TOSHIBA 48U7653DB SMART TV that one recorded the programs with the bulit in freeview to usb stick and then when i plug the usb stick into the computer it had 1 video file and it was a mpeg 2 video file and i was able to convert it to any video file but my old tv stopped working a few months ago
    my old tv i am not sure when that was made

so this is why i bought a new smart tv a LG 49UM7400PLB cos that was made 2019 also it has usb recording like my old tv but the thing i like the most about this tv lg tv is that it has freesat and freeview 2 tuners but when i record with this tv the files are all split up in different parts like in the image above in my last message
    and the computer will not recognize any of theses files

so if i cant find a software that does this and if nobody knows of a way that will convert theses files to 1 video file then i will just take the tv back to the shop i bought it from then
    and get a different make then i was thinking about buying a Samsung UE49RU8000UXXU Smart 4K HDR LED TV cos that tv also has freesat and freeview and it does have usb recording but i cant find anything on the internet what video file it saves as on a usb stick

my old tv a TOSHIBA 48U7653DB saved the video file as 1 mpeg 2 video file and i was able to convert it to another video file

but the lg tv my new one is quiet a messy one to deal with cos it spilts the files into a weird format that the computer does not recognize

so can anyone help me with this problem will i be able to convert theses video files to another format or should i take back the lg tv back to the shop i got it from

what i am after is a smart tv that has freesat and freeview 2 tuners and does usb recording and records as 1 video file to the usb stick and i am able to convert it with the computer

so does anyone know of any smart tvs where it records as 1 video file to usb stick and you are able to convert it through the computer
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think anybody can help you. Although several years have passed since problems like yours were first reported, nobody has come forward to post about a decryption method for the recordings made by any TVs to make it possible for any other device, including a computer, to play them.

Based on what I have seen here at VideoHelp, all of the TVs that can record DTV broadcasts on USB drives appear to encrypt their recordings to prevent them from being played by any device other than the individual TV that made them. If one reads the manual for these TVs, this limitation is clearly stated.

[Edit] The e-Manual (ver 3.0.0) for the Samsung UE49RU8000UXXU says the following under "Recording Issues": "The recorded files on the TV can only be played back on the same TV. Those video files cannot be played back on a PC or other TV."
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 16th Feb 2020 at 10:42.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. There was a lot of really usefull stuff and solutions for decrypting pvr files to use on every other device.
    i.e. for the SAMSUNG TVs look at https://forum.samygo.tv/

Also the high-prized METZ TVs are able to record their pvrs without any encryption.
    The manufactorers have to pay for additional license when they want to enable pvr without encryption.
    Thats all ...
    Quote Quote