VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    China
    Search Comp PM
    I collect some works of a mv-ripping team.I compare their work with my work.
    I found them adding special blur to defect the video defect like noise.
    Here is theirs:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mrip tears.png
Views:	52
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	51961

    here is mine:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	potcap tears.png
Views:	43
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	51960

    here is dvd capturing in potplayer:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mine tears.png
Views:	40
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	51962

    The dvd sourse I using is the same one as the team's.
    It's obvious that the team add some unknown blurs.I think it was a good idea to cover the video noise.
    I want to copy their methed but I really don't know how they do that.
    I have tried some different blur plugins like "blur","mergeluma(blur)"and "mergechroma(blur)" but not the same orientation as the team's.
    Would masters give me a help?Please!

    vob clip:
    tears.vob

    the team rip clip:
    tears-rip.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  2. I didn't understand all that you wrote but, ordinarily, to remove noise you don't blur a video but use a temporal denoiser.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    China
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I didn't understand all that you wrote but, ordinarily, to remove noise you don't blur a video but use a temporal denoiser.
    OH!Sorry for my poor English.
    look at the subtitle in the team's work. the subtitle is more obscure than mine.
    In fact,the team's whole video is more obscure than mine,but it can still keep a good feeling to watch.
    I didn't add anything other to my work,
    only deinterlacd it by QTGMC(preset="Very Slow", fpsdivisor=2,InputType=0, sourceMatch=3,tr2=2, ediThreads=8) or TDeint(mode=2).
    My work is more clear than the team's,but I don't like mine.
    I think my work is too sharpen.
    I want to learn the blurring method of the team.

    I don't think that the blur of the team's work was caused by denioser.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You're complaining because your video is sharper than theirs?

    First, your sample is no good at all. Please upload a new one, this one with more movement so we can see what's going on more easily.

    Second, your video is field-blended and needs to be unblended. I think the proper framerate is 23.976fps, and not 29.97fps. But it may be double blended and it might not be possible to fully unblend it. Another reason for a better sample.

    In fact,the team's whole video is more obscure than mine,but it can still keep a good feeling to watch.
    I would never agree that blurring a video makes it better.
    I want to learn the blurring method of the team.
    Ask them.
    Last edited by manono; 12th Feb 2020 at 14:05.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    China
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    You're complaining because your video is sharper than theirs?

    First, your sample is no good at all. Please upload a new one, this one with more movement so we can see what's going on more easily.

    Second, your video is field-blended and needs to be unblended. I think the proper framerate is 23.976fps, and not 29.97fps. But it may be double blended and it might not be possible to fully unblend it. Another reason for a better sample.

    In fact,the team's whole video is more obscure than mine,but it can still keep a good feeling to watch.
    I would never agree that blurring a video makes it better.
    I want to learn the blurring method of the team.
    Ask them.
    Thanks for your guide very much.
    It seems that the framerate is not important to the work.It can both be played fluently and get the same quality whatever the framerate is 24p or 30p.

    The rip team was disbanded.They wouldn't tell anyone anything about their works.It's pity.
    I like their ripping style.I want to work out what they do to the video.That is my topic in this post.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ截图20200213112804.png
Views:	27
Size:	826.4 KB
ID:	51994
    Quote Quote  
  6. But no new and better sample?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    China
    Search Comp PM
    Would any masters could take a little time to help me solving my problem,please?
    Quote Quote  
  8. What exactly do you need help with?. Use any editor that has a blur filter. AviDemux?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    What exactly do you need help with?. Use any editor that has a blur filter. AviDemux?
    I'm not an x264 expert, but I'm wondering if increasing the --deblock may be the effect he's looking for ?
    For example
    Code:
    --deblock 2:1
    Code:
    --deblock 2:0
    Or a milder effect:
    Code:
    --deblock 1:0
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by davexnet; 23rd Feb 2020 at 14:05.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I took a close look at the "live" and "zong" videos. The mp4 files have been run though a blend deinterlacer -- very much like VirtualDub's Deinterlace -> Blend Fields filter. Or Blur(0.0, 1.0) in AviSynth. Aside from that, the mp4 videos were resized from 720x480 to 640x480 with a sharp resizer like Resize -> Filter mode: Lanczos3 in VirtualDub or LanczosResize() in AviSynth.
    Last edited by jagabo; 23rd Feb 2020 at 21:39.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    China
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I took a close look at the "live" and "zong" videos. The mp4 files have been run though a blend deinterlacer -- very much like VirtualDub's Deinterlace -> Blend Fields filter. Or Blur(0.0, 1.0) in AviSynth. Aside from that, the mp4 videos were resized from 720x480 to 640x480 with a sharp resizer like Resize -> Filter mode: Lanczos3 in VirtualDub or LanczosResize() in AviSynth.
    WOW~You're really clever!It took a very very very similar answer!Maybe what you find out is the correct answer!Thanks for your patiently help!
    And I have an another question after I tried this ripping method.
    The ripping team seems like adjusting the output color.Their dvdrips are darker and have deeper color than my ripped.
    I think my output is too brighter.How can I make the same result as the teamrip?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    China
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    What exactly do you need help with?. Use any editor that has a blur filter. AviDemux?
    I'm not an x264 expert, but I'm wondering if increasing the --deblock may be the effect he's looking for ?
    For example
    Code:
    --deblock 2:1
    Code:
    --deblock 2:0
    Or a milder effect:
    Code:
    --deblock 1:0
    Thanks for your hard work!
    But it seems like not the same thing.
    The ripmp4 have already used --deblock -3:-3.
    So "the deblock filter" is not close to the right answer.
    Fortunately,The Master jagabo gave an almost perfect answer!
    you can try it.
    Thanks your hard work again.
    Hope you could gain ripping knowledge from this post.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Blend deinterlacing is a pretty poor method of deinterlacing. But it's what you asked for.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    China
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Blend deinterlacing is a pretty poor method of deinterlacing. But it's what you asked for.
    Yes,maybe it's not a best way for dvdrip,but I think it's siutable for some cases.
    According my little experience,the QTGMC and other deinterlacing filters make the whole picture of video bacame too "full":
    the subtitles almost jump out of the picture,the bright color is fighting with the subtitles.....
    It is not the same feeling as the youtube official version.
    I think the bluring of Blend deinterlacing can offer a balance between the color and subtitles,which is as similar as the youtube official version I watched.
    aha,just my feeling,my angle.

    The ripping team seems like adjusting the output color.Their dvdrips are darker and have deeper color than my ripped.
    I think my output is too brighter.How can I make the same result as the teamrip?
    And,could you please study the method of adjusting color of the team ripping?
    It's the last secret of the ripping team.
    I could get the same result as the team ripping if I could find out the the method of adjusting color.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    China
    Search Comp PM
    oh,maybe I'm wrong,the color of this deinterlacing method is very very very similar to the team ripping...
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads