VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. In the process of backing up DVD movies.

The original DVD discs are dual layer, so I'm doing 1:1 backups using dual layer blank discs.

I'm using Imgburn (V 2.5.8.0) as the burning software, and so far it has worked well. I've backed up quite a few DVD titles so far. However I now have a DVD title that Imgburn says something about there is no selection available to select where the change to the second layer should occur. Imgburn usually brings up a window where you manually select the position on the blank discs where the second layer burning will occur. But for this particular DVD title there is no selection available. Also Imgburn says something about the DVD title being not properly mastered (and presumably because of this, the layer break position can't be selected?)!? This DVD title contains around 7.66 GB of data, so it definitely needs a dual layer DVD for backing up.

So, how do I back up this particular DVD title?

Are there alternative burning packages that will (or might) successfully burn this DVD title?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what program did you use to copy the disc ?? most dvd copy programs have the option
    to remove the layer break.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I used AnyDVD together with ISOPuzzle to create interim ISO files for burning later to discs.

I don't think there is a layer break option anywhere in either of these programs(?)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    according to post #11 anydvd does remove the layer break - https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/layer-break.68179/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hmm!

I didn't use the AnyDVD "ripper" option (I think). AnyDVD default options are used to bypass DVD protection only.

Used default AnyDVD options for all resulting ISO files (via ISOPuzzle), but for some reason IMGBurn doesn't like one DVD title so far. All other DVD titles burned so far were OK. There must be something "off" with this particular DVD title for whatever reason(s), and IMGBurn will not burn this DVD title (via DVD title ISO file).
    Quote Quote