VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there any software to change the thumbnail of a video. I have a documentary and want to change the thumbnail in explorer. I have tried thumbico but do not see any way to save the changes and it only changes size of existing thumbnail
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can use mkvtoolnix, open your video in program and go to attachments, in this section you can drag the image(jpg or png), change the name of the image to "cover", and click on start muxing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    You can use mkvtoolnix, open your video in program and go to attachments, in this section you can drag the image(jpg or png), change the name of the image to "cover", and click on start muxing.
    Its not an mkv though it is avi. There is nothing under attachments

even an mkv I tried has nothing under attachments
    Last edited by David Banner; 3rd Feb 2020 at 10:06.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can use AVI video, in this case the video is remuxed in MKV container, in attachments you drag your image file in the second box and then click in start muxing
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    You can use AVI video, in this case the video is remuxed in MKV container, in attachments you drag your image file in the second box and then click in start muxing
    Didn't work. i changed it to cover.jpg
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here a example:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	143
Size:	478.4 KB
ID:	51833  

Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    Here a example:
    That is what i did. the avi was open in the input tab, isn't that right
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can send some images?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Image
    [Attachment 51834 - Click to enlarge]
    Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    You can send some images?
    you mean a screenshot? here it is. i put the jpeg in the attachment tab and renamed it cover.jpg
    Last edited by David Banner; 3rd Feb 2020 at 16:39.
    Quote Quote  
  10. It worked when I restored the windows thumbnails to default from Media Preview which i had been using to generate thumbnails
    Last edited by David Banner; 4th Feb 2020 at 09:28.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't matter the version of mkvtoolnix, this tab is not a problem, what happens when you click start muxing?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    Don't matter the version of mkvtoolnix, this tab is not a problem, what happens when you click start muxing?
    It muxes and on a 32 bit system it works and gives me the image i want. But on my 64bit windows it does not work . On the 64 bit I have had media preview to generate thumbnails for a long time .

With out that some files have thumbnails and some haven't. I followed Shekar S advice at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-thumbnail-preview-is-not-wor...2-6437769facc3 to try to restore my thumbnails.

Still some files have thumbnails some haven't. With media preview they all have but i cannot change the thumbnail to the one i want. i can change in win 32 bit but when copes to the 64 bit it goes back to the original

I got media preview along time ago because my files did not have thumbnails. I was happy to have thumbnails and did not need to change them till now

I also tried restore system default for thumbnails
    Last edited by David Banner; 4th Feb 2020 at 11:03.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't have, install k-lite codec pack, there's section to select files to generate thumbnails, mark the box of files you want, this pack install a program for thumbnails, desable media preview before install.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    If you don't have, install k-lite codec pack, there's section to select files to generate thumbnails, mark the box of files you want, this pack install a program for thumbnails, desable media preview before install.
    it has ads?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no, free program
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    no, free program
    says ad supported installation
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM